San Diego?

Old Sep 21st 2011, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Sassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really nice
Default San Diego?

Any Brits around the San Diego area?
I moved here two weeks ago with the Hubby, I am on an L2. 31 next month! He is 32

Last edited by Sassyjaybabe; Sep 21st 2011 at 11:10 pm. Reason: PRESSED SAVE TOO EARLY!
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: San Diego?

Originally Posted by Sassyjaybabe
I moved here two weeks ago with the Hubby, I am on an L2. 31 next month! He is 32
Hey Sassyjaybabe - I replied in your other thread, I'm up in Carlsbad - North County - about 30 mins north of downtown, been here nearly 15 years.

Anything I can do to help with the transition let me know.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. Where are you? We are near the 5 & 52.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Sassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Yep. Where are you? We are near the 5 & 52.
We are inland, near the 15 close to Poway! Its good to see there are others around the area! Any hints and tips as to how to make friends and influence people when you don't drive? My nearest bus route is the 20... but quite unsure whether to take the plunge and hop on!
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Englishman43
Hey Sassyjaybabe - I replied in your other thread, I'm up in Carlsbad - North County - about 30 mins north of downtown, been here nearly 15 years.

Anything I can do to help with the transition let me know.
Any hints and tips for a newbie? Had you planned to be here that long? Our initial plan is give it a go for a year and see how we feel!
We are North County but inland near Poway.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Any hints and tips for a newbie? Had you planned to be here that long? Our initial plan is give it a go for a year and see how we feel!
We are North County but inland near Poway.
Had planned to be here for a year - just came out to race bicycles.

You'll struggle without a car unfortunately - public transport is crap.

Just remember that although we speak a common language culturally we are worlds apart. Go with the flow of things here , a lot different than back in the UK , and you should be fine.

I'd really recommend driving if you can will make life a heck of a lot easier.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

We are inland, near the 15 close to Poway! Its good to see there are others around the area! Any hints and tips as to how to make friends and influence people when you don't drive? My nearest bus route is the 20... but quite unsure whether to take the plunge and hop on!
Take the plunge and hop on the bus...go exploring for a day....see where it takes you. Just make sure that you have hubby's phone number/s in case you get completely lost/stuck and he has to come rescue you from somewhere.

Take lots of change for the bus - quarters, and a few dollar notes.

When you buy the ticket on the bus, make sure you ask for a "transfer" ie the ticket can be used on the next, connecting bus too.

Old Sep 24th 2011, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

OldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond reputeOldJuddian has a reputation beyond repute

I've been here for one month, around Sabre Springs, I15 J18 near Poway.

My wife walked to school, just once. A car is the way to go.
Too new to know much. But loving the weather.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

Just an update. Been here three months now.
Have some awesome days. Other days are really hard.

I have submitted all docs for work permit and waiting for that... so just got to wait for that.

I have experimented on the bus- went down to Hillcrest. Need to make plans to do more bus trips but got nowhere to go as such! haha.

Have done the written driving test so learning to drive in January.

Still looking to meet more people. Have met a few people through meet up groups and Yelp and through hubby's work but its all evening type things which doesnt help me Monday to Friday!
Old Dec 14th 2011, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hello! Thanks for the update. How about volunteering at a local library or hospital or animal shelter etc...?
Old Jan 9th 2012, 12:04 am
Brit+ American couple :)

Tindsay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, my fiancé (from Cambridge) and I (Cali girl!) will be moving to SD in may! Well I'llbe moving back, since I went to UCSD.... Are there a lot of expat meet ups in SD? Don't want the fiancé to get too homesick! :-) and I lived in Bristol for a year so I'm a bit of an anglophile myself....
Old Jan 9th 2012, 7:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tindsay
Hi all, my fiancé (from Cambridge) and I (Cali girl!) will be moving to SD in may! Well I'llbe moving back, since I went to UCSD.... Are there a lot of expat meet ups in SD? Don't want the fiancé to get too homesick! :-) and I lived in Bristol for a year so I'm a bit of an anglophile myself....
The place is filled with Brits. There are a few different expat groups, I've never been to any. Check out meetup.com
Old Jan 9th 2012, 8:06 pm
Brit+ American couple :)

Tindsay is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah in looked on there, all I could find was a Scottish dancing group... Is that where all the brits are hanging out these days? :-)
Old Jan 9th 2012, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I've sent you a pm, there is a Brits expat group on meetup.com.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

There is a British Expats meet up group that I joined and they are a good bunch of people. We know quite a few brits too so you can always get in contact with us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.