Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

North Carolina-Whose down in this neck of the woods!

North Carolina-Whose down in this neck of the woods!

Old Jan 3rd 2014, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

robUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: North Carolina-Whose down in this neck of the woods!

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Er, Rob, you completely omitted to mention that you had a visa to live and work in the US - like many others here, including myself, you have a USC spouse.
Apologies dizzie, i guess my brain wasn't functioning properly early this morning.
I failed to notice you haven't mentioned that you have any kind if visa and I hadn't mentioned that I'm here on a CR1.

There is a wiki guide to the USA that Pulaski compiled http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA. Give that a read for ways to legally reside in the USA.

Thanks for pointing out my obvious mistake Pulaski

Last edited by robUK81; Jan 3rd 2014 at 2:10 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

soap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by robUK81
Welcome to BE

I recently moved from the UK to Wilmington NC and found a job fairly quickly through Craigslist which seems to be the popular place to find most things including jobs.

I can't comment on what it is like to move with a family as I only had to move myself, leaving most of my old life behind.

Applying for jobs before I arrived wasn't something I did as employers tend to want to see your work authorisation and proof of legal presence such as the type of visa you have. I also waited for my SSN card to arrive which was only about a week after arriving and then started job hunting.

After 6 weeks of being here I landed a really good job after my first interview so it can be done

I hope that's answered a few things for you and good luck with your move.
Hi drizzle

As others have mentioned you will need a visa in order to live and work here unless you are married to a yank.

Soap addict
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

dizzee156 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info guys. I would read the info on the link rob and once I done all my research I then make a decision or if I have any other questions I let u know.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 6:02 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soap addict
.... As others have mentioned you will need a visa in order to live and work here. One way you would likely qualify for one is if you are married to a yank. ....
FIFY.