Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

North Carolina-Whose down in this neck of the woods!

North Carolina-Whose down in this neck of the woods!

Old Sep 12th 2013, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

marriott574 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: North Carolina-Whose down in this neck of the woods!

Dear All

I live in Wilmington NC, originally from Leicester in the UK. Anybody else in Wilmington
Old Sep 13th 2013, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

parkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to allparkzy is a name known to all

Just moved to Apex from Long Island, originally from Cheltenham in UK.
Wife's from NY, I'm a Spurs fan and love the footy coverage over here.
This is a decent part of the world.
Thinking of moving nearer the coast, any good recommendations in NC, have one 2 yr old daughter?
Old Sep 17th 2013, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

soap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bendex
We've just moved back to NC a couple months ago - Kernersville , near Greensboro.....still at the settling in stage, and only just starting to miss back bacon sarnies
Would be good to have an NC Brits meet up
Hi Bendex

Just seen this thread. We moved to Summerfield in the summer and would like to touch base with any expats in the area.

Soap Addict
Old Sep 17th 2013, 1:05 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by parkzy
.... and love the footy coverage over here. ....
The footy coverage was great when I immigrated 12 years ago, but has got steadily worse ever since.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

pinkmartini is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marriott574
Dear All

I live in Wilmington NC, originally from Leicester in the UK. Anybody else in Wilmington
We're pretty close to you Marriott! We're in Jacksonville, NC (but not for too much longer, thank God). I'm from Manchester and my husband is from California.
I'm a huge United fan and missing the football more than anything! If anyone within a three hour drive wants to meet up sometime, I'm definitely down! Maybe for the derby!
Old Sep 18th 2013, 12:59 pm
North Carolina layabout

Bendex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soap addict
Hi Bendex

Just seen this thread. We moved to Summerfield in the summer and would like to touch base with any expats in the area.

Soap Addict
Hey Soap Addict

It would be great to meet up I'm not to sure where Summerfield is exactly, but another ex pat friend I recently met does, so how about the 3 of us meet up over a cup of tea ? I can pm you contact details

Bendex
Old Sep 18th 2013, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Dear All

Thinking of a long weekend trip with the dogs to perhaps Wilmington beaches in late Oct - any recommendations? Normally go to Hilton Head which I love but thought we might try somewhere else? Thanks.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

robUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the rough

Dear All

Moving from Somerset, UK to Wilmington NC on the 14th October.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Location: from Yorkshire, via Hampshire and Surrey to NC Triangle
mommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to all

In Chapel Hill. The pair of us are from London, and Goole originally.
Hi everyone!
Old Oct 15th 2013, 12:54 am
Just Joined

perbrad is an unknown quantity at this point

I was born in Ipswich by USA military parents. I would like to find someone close to where I live just to talk with about the differences between the UK and the USA. I am looking into moving back there soon. I only lived in the UK for 2 years so I really dont know much about the place. I live in southern Va and only about an hour from Greensboro
Old Oct 16th 2013, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

marriott574 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by robUK81
Moving from Somerset, UK to Wilmington NC on the 14th October.
Hello robUK81, I guess you are here in Wilmington now, i meant to respond to you sooner. Is this your first time to Wilmington.

What brings you to Wilmington?

Are you interested in meeting up?
Old Oct 25th 2013, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

chayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond reputechayowl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by parkzy
Just moved to Apex from Long Island, originally from Cheltenham in UK.
Wife's from NY, I'm a Spurs fan and love the footy coverage over here.
This is a decent part of the world.
Thinking of moving nearer the coast, any good recommendations in NC, have one 2 yr old daughter?
A couple of places I would look at are Little River and Calabash, especially if you like sea food, also you are pretty close to Myrtle Beach, so plenty to keep a 2 year old occupied!!!!!
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 10:23 am
Just Joined

dizzee156 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I currently live in UK with my young family and looking to move to NC for a better future for the kids. I came across this forum while browsing and just wanted to know what it was like to move, whether to get a job first over there and how do i go about it although i have a cousin who lives in NC Charlotte. i have been searching jobs websites after another and can't seem to find good sites to look at? are there any recruitment agencies over there that look into recruiting people from the UK?

I would appreciate any advice and or information you guys can share?

Thank You
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

robUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by dizzee156
Hi,

I currently live in UK with my young family and looking to move to NC for a better future for the kids. I came across this forum while browsing and just wanted to know what it was like to move, whether to get a job first over there and how do i go about it although i have a cousin who lives in NC Charlotte. i have been searching jobs websites after another and can't seem to find good sites to look at? are there any recruitment agencies over there that look into recruiting people from the UK?

I would appreciate any advice and or information you guys can share?

Thank You
Welcome to BE

I recently moved from the UK to Wilmington NC and found a job fairly quickly through Craigslist which seems to be the popular place to find most things including jobs.

I can't comment on what it is like to move with a family as I only had to move myself, leaving most of my old life behind.

Applying for jobs before I arrived wasn't something I did as employers tend to want to see your work authorisation and proof of legal presence such as the type of visa you have. I also waited for my SSN card to arrive which was only about a week after arriving and then started job hunting.

After 6 weeks of being here I landed a really good job after my first interview so it can be done

I hope that's answered a few things for you and good luck with your move.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 1:54 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robUK81
Welcome to BE

I recently moved from the UK to Wilmington NC and found a job fairly quickly through Craigslist which seems to be the popular place to find most things including jobs.

I can't comment on what it is like to move with a family as I only had to move myself, leaving most of my old life behind. ...

I hope that's answered a few things for you and good luck with your move.
Er, Rob, you completely omitted to mention that you had a visa to live and work in the US - like many others here, including myself, you have a USC spouse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.