Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

North Carolina-Whose down in this neck of the woods!

North Carolina-Whose down in this neck of the woods!

Old Jan 24th 2012, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

janicedean164 will become famous soon enoughjanicedean164 will become famous soon enough
Default North Carolina-Whose down in this neck of the woods!

Hi all

So we are starting to settle down into life in our new home, still both trying to find work which is becoming slightly tiresome now, lol, but it is what it is & we are both sure this will be rectified sooner rather then later.

So I am from London & my wife is from New York, we were just wondering who else is on here is from around where we live, we are living in Clayton ourselves & would love to here from other people near to us.

If you fancy messaging us or even just responding to this thread that's all good, would be nice to have some other people to talk football, rugby & the such with, even maybe to grab a bite or a few drinks with.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

janicedean164 will become famous soon enoughjanicedean164 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: North Carolina-Whose down in this neck of the woods!

Ok so not quite the amount of responses I was thinking we might get, lol, are there any other groups on facebook or the such where we might be able to connect with other Brits, we have had a look on facebook & there doesn't seem much there either, it would just be nice to meet up with some like minded folk.

For example tomorrow morning sees the biggest game of the season for West Ham, as we play against a biggest rivals Millwall, would have been nice to watch it with other Hammers or at least people who get the rivalry but anyhows if anyone is local to us in Clayton, NC, get in touch & we will see what we see, lol, take care evrybody!
Old Feb 8th 2012, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

keljo13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My husband and I are in Durham, not too close but let us know if you would like to meet up somewhere in the middle maybe? I know my husband would like someone to watch and talk about football with!

FYI we have a one month old baby so would be bringing her along!
Old Mar 13th 2012, 2:12 am
Just Joined

lindawills is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there Janice and Dean,We live quite near you in fuquay varina. Been here for 7 years. My Husband is a great sports fan.He is from North Wales. I am from the north of England,Manchester way.We emigrated here to be near to our Grandchildren.Be good to hear back from you.David & Linda
Old Mar 24th 2012, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

IanR is an unknown quantity at this point

Most large Cities have a British food store, or a tea house of some kind and these often have meesage boards etc for Brits to meet up etc..
Old Mar 29th 2012, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

jukes is an unknown quantity at this point

We just moved to Asheville, Western NC, not sure if we are any where near you? but my husband likes to watch football, supports Arsenal though!
Old Mar 29th 2012, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jukes
We just moved to Asheville, Western NC, not sure if we are any where near you? but my husband likes to watch football, supports Arsenal though!
About 4 & a half to 5 hours away I believe. Arsenal, hey at least he is not Millwall, lol! West Ham are our team.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

jukes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by janicedean164
About 4 & a half to 5 hours away I believe. Arsenal, hey at least he is not Millwall, lol! West Ham are our team.
If you are ever over this way let us know! It's really nice here in Asheville. What TV stations do you watch the football on? We just got Charter as only cable company here, but are thinking to look in to Satellite? Yes, at least it's not Millwall!!
Old Mar 29th 2012, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jukes
If you are ever over this way let us know! It's really nice here in Asheville. What TV stations do you watch the football on? We just got Charter as only cable company here, but are thinking to look in to Satellite? Yes, at least it's not Millwall!!

We have TWC, Fox Sports & Fox Sports+ are the channels that show all the football, Premiership, Championship, Australian League, French & Italian, they are show Rugby Union & Super League & also Aussie Rules. With this package you get Speed as well which show all the F1 races & qualifying/practice live as well.

And yeah we will do, send me contact details & we will have to keep in touch.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

matt.b is an unknown quantity at this point

janicedean164 was going to pm you but i have to have ex amount of posts to be able to do that apparently. give me a shout if you guys want to meet up anytime
matt
Old Jul 24th 2013, 2:34 pm
North Carolina layabout

Bendex is an unknown quantity at this point

We've just moved back to NC a couple months ago - Kernersville , near Greensboro.....still at the settling in stage, and only just starting to miss back bacon sarnies
Would be good to have an NC Brits meet up
Old Aug 25th 2013, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Penny2446 is an unknown quantity at this point

Moving to Wake Forest area in January next year, so will be looking for contacts then. Husband will definitely be looking for Rugby mates to watch with.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 9:31 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Penny2446
Moving to Wake Forest area in January next year, so will be looking for contacts then. Husband will definitely be looking for Rugby mates to watch with.
I doubt there's a state in the whole of the US where the expat population is less connected and cohesive.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 1:16 am
Just Joined

Penny2446 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that a challenge?
Old Aug 27th 2013, 1:44 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Penny2446
Is that a challenge?
No, it's just an observation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.