Newby to Texas

Old Jan 20th 2012, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

rochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to all
Default Newby to Texas

Hi, my name is Jane, I,m beginning my new life with my American fiance in Saginaw next Tuesday!!!!
I wondered if there are any other Brits in the area or fairly close that would like to meet up some time?? or just chat on here.
Any tips for me from anyone??
Old Jan 20th 2012, 11:37 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newby to Texas

Originally Posted by rochester jane
Hi, my name is Jane, I,m beginning my new life with my American fiance in Saginaw next Tuesday!!!!
I wondered if there are any other Brits in the area or fairly close that would like to meet up some time?? or just chat on here.
Hi Jane, plenty of us Brits here in Texas. I am in Pearland just south of Houston so probably a bit far for a coffee, but if you are ever passing...

The biggest thing to get used to is the summer heat, luckily you are moving before it really cranks up. Driving is a lot different too but it doesn't take long to make the transition. Having an American fiance should definitely help with the practical stuff. Good luck
Old Jan 21st 2012, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

rochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
Hi Jane, plenty of us Brits here in Texas. I am in Pearland just south of Houston so probably a bit far for a coffee, but if you are ever passing...

The biggest thing to get used to is the summer heat, luckily you are moving before it really cranks up. Driving is a lot different too but it doesn't take long to make the transition. Having an American fiance should definitely help with the practical stuff. Good luck
Thanks for your info
Jane
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

deftoneuk is on a distinguished road

Where is Saginaw? I am in Dallas, but Im moving to Houston in the summer
Old Feb 9th 2012, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

Saginaw id in the Fort Worth area
Old Feb 13th 2012, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

deftoneuk is on a distinguished road

Pretty near me then....I should have know where it was!
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

SATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really nice

In San Antonio, my wife if a Brit. Several British pubs in the metroplex, I grew up in Dallas/Irving. Also, plenty of Indian/Pakistani groceries in the area that probably have some of your favorites (at least my wife). We stock up every time we visit. The Londoner in Addison is a great place with many ex-pats.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SATX John
In San Antonio, my wife if a Brit. Several British pubs in the metroplex, I grew up in Dallas/Irving. Also, plenty of Indian/Pakistani groceries in the area that probably have some of your favorites (at least my wife). We stock up every time we visit. The Londoner in Addison is a great place with many ex-pats.
Hi John and " wife". How long ha your wife been here then?. We get married on the 17th March in San Antono, my husband is from there originally. I love it there has a mixture of allsorts, especially love the Riverwalk and the Irish pubs there hahaha. We picked the right weekend for fun. Apparently there is a Mardi Gras that weekend as well as Paddys Day, should be a good one. Anyway, thanks for the e-mail and info.
Old Mar 6th 2012, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

SATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really nice

Hi John and " wife". How long ha your wife been here then?. We get married on the 17th March in San Antono, my husband is from there originally. I love it there has a mixture of allsorts, especially love the Riverwalk and the Irish pubs there hahaha. We picked the right weekend for fun. Apparently there is a Mardi Gras that weekend as well as Paddys Day, should be a good one. Anyway, thanks for the e-mail and info.
We have been married 13 years, stationed here in the Army for 9 months. You will have a great time recommend the Westin River Walk, great place with fantastic service, a bit pricey though. The UK crowd is generally older, mostly retiree's from being stationed in the UK.

San Antonio is great, I grew up in Texas and love the mix of Mexico and US.

Congratulations and all the best.
Old Mar 6th 2012, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SATX John
We have been married 13 years, stationed here in the Army for 9 months. You will have a great time recommend the Westin River Walk, great place with fantastic service, a bit pricey though. The UK crowd is generally older, mostly retiree's from being stationed in the UK.

San Antonio is great, I grew up in Texas and love the mix of Mexico and US.

Congratulations and all the best.
Ok John, thanks for all the info, will try the Western Walk while we are there before we end up face down in the gutter form too much FUN!! hahahah
Cheers
Jane
Old Mar 9th 2012, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Westin has an excellent breakfast on the river walk also, even if you do not stay there.

Best Wishes.
Old Mar 10th 2012, 1:11 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome!

There are plenty of expats in the Metroplex (Dallas-Fort Worth area).

Do you have a driving license? You will need one.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Martinsb will become famous soon enoughMartinsb will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by deftoneuk
Where is Saginaw? I am in Dallas, but Im moving to Houston in the summer
Where are you in Dallas and what's with the move to Houston? I'm over near Whiterock Lake.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Martinsb will become famous soon enoughMartinsb will become famous soon enough

Jane, you'll love it, DFW is a fantastic area, so much to see and do! I'm over near Whiterock Lake if you and your fiancé ever fancy catching up for a beer.

Martin