New York

Old Sep 28th 2012, 4:29 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New York

Originally Posted by Charma1ne
I am good with October 22nd I am young but I'm married so dont stress about your husband haha ! I will see if he can make it too but I warn you all he is pretty quiet until he gets to know people unless he has a few drinks so we will see :P

Cx
My husband is pretty quiet as well. He can be chatty when he's comfortable. He said he definately would like to meet up! I wasn't stressing about the girls at the meetups! I was just hoping they would be a friendly lot and they really weren't at all.
Old Sep 28th 2012, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Charma1ne will become famous soon enoughCharma1ne will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by penguinbar
My husband is pretty quiet as well. He can be chatty when he's comfortable. He said he definately would like to meet up! I wasn't stressing about the girls at the meetups! I was just hoping they would be a friendly lot and they really weren't at all.
Sometimes girls can be the worst...I'm allowed to say that since I am one :P

At least they have something in common already then haha he used to take 3 times meeting someone before he would say more than 4 words to them but he has come out of his shell a lot

I'm pretty excited we just need a venue next!

Btw I seen all the stuff about Cadburys...I'm in Scotland just now so if any of you want some of that or anything else you cant get in NY let me know and I will bring some over with me

Cx
Old Sep 29th 2012, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes girls can be the worst...I'm allowed to say that since I am one :P

At least they have something in common already then haha he used to take 3 times meeting someone before he would say more than 4 words to them but he has come out of his shell a lot

I'm pretty excited we just need a venue next!

Btw I seen all the stuff about Cadburys...I'm in Scotland just now so if any of you want some of that or anything else you cant get in NY let me know and I will bring some over with me

Cx
I'm thinking about bringing my 19 year old with me, who is painfully shy, poor kid, just to get her out of the house for a day. Anyway...... you realise you really shouldn't have offered As much British crap as you can fill your suitcase will be fine

We can arrange a meet up time and venue nearer the time, but I've got it logged in my diary and looking forward to it!!!!!
Old Sep 29th 2012, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Charma1ne will become famous soon enoughCharma1ne will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Brat1
I'm thinking about bringing my 19 year old with me, who is painfully shy, poor kid, just to get her out of the house for a day. Anyway...... you realise you really shouldn't have offered As much British crap as you can fill your suitcase will be fine

We can arrange a meet up time and venue nearer the time, but I've got it logged in my diary and looking forward to it!!!!!
Honestly just let me know and I will bring it

You should bring het for sure. I'm only 21 so she isn't much younger. Always good to meet new people. Especially so far from home

Cx
Old Sep 29th 2012, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

denzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nice

I think you should all go and meet up at the Fish n Chip shop down in the Village then go for a pint in the pub owned by Snow Patrol - The Houndstooth! Wish I could make it but have the kids to pick up from school then take them to soccer. I have met quite a few British expats out here in Jersey, some of whom have become my closest friends. We're not all bad
Old Sep 29th 2012, 3:51 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by denzil75
I think you should all go and meet up at the Fish n Chip shop down in the Village then go for a pint in the pub owned by Snow Patrol - The Houndstooth! Wish I could make it but have the kids to pick up from school then take them to soccer. I have met quite a few British expats out here in Jersey, some of whom have become my closest friends. We're not all bad
A salt and Battery the fish and chips shop is only for takeout. It's really tiny and no where near the Houndstooth. Since I live in the city let me know what area you want to meet up in and I can come up with some suggestions. I'm pretty easy as long as there are no little kids there!
Old Sep 29th 2012, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by penguinbar
A salt and Battery the fish and chips shop is only for takeout. It's really tiny and no where near the Houndstooth. Since I live in the city let me know what area you want to meet up in and I can come up with some suggestions. I'm pretty easy as long as there are no little kids there!
We should maybe go to the bar in NYC that sells irn bru...haha my OH would be happy

Or on the flip side do something REALLY very NY to remind ourselfes why we moved :P

Cx
Old Sep 29th 2012, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

denzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nice

A stroll along the Highline??? One of my favourite things to do in the city. We did sit in A Salt and Battery but stunk by the time we got out of there
Old Sep 30th 2012, 6:35 am

We should maybe go to the bar in NYC that sells irn bru...haha my OH would be happy

Or on the flip side do something REALLY very NY to remind ourselfes why we moved :P

Cx
St Andrews sells Iron Bru. I used to be a manager there so I defiantely don't want to go back! Slave drivers!
Old Oct 13th 2012, 2:48 pm

Is this meetup still happening?
Old Oct 13th 2012, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

As far as I know yeah

Cx
Old Oct 16th 2012, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Ugh...I am so sorry guys I now wont be able to attend this... I will be coming over to the US a little later than planned due to family circumstances.

I am so sorry I am available the week after if you want to reschedule (hence plenty notice) But I understand some of you may have requested days off etc! So have a good time regardless if you go ahead with it and let me know how it goes

Cx
Old Oct 16th 2012, 3:03 pm

Ugh...I am so sorry guys I now wont be able to attend this... I will be coming over to the US a little later than planned due to family circumstances.

I am so sorry I am available the week after if you want to reschedule (hence plenty notice) But I understand some of you may have requested days off etc! So have a good time regardless if you go ahead with it and let me know how it goes

Cx
Brat cann't make it either so let's just do this some other time.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Ahh so rubbish...I can 100% do the week after though??

Cx
Old Oct 17th 2012, 4:55 am

Not good for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.