British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Meet-ups (https://britishexpats.com/forum/meet-ups-112/)
-   -   Moving to Nebraska from uk! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/meet-ups-112/moving-nebraska-uk-924477/)

Jodiemary Apr 26th 2019 7:34 pm

Moving to Nebraska from uk!

Hi I’m Jodie (22) and me and my husband are moving to nebraska within a few months and I was wondering who’s about would be nice to meet some people when we are out there- I’m from Newcastle and partner is from Corby northamptonshire! Also how does everyone find living out there from UK? :fingerscrossed::wave:

KathDerisson Jun 11th 2019 6:16 pm

Re: Moving to Nebraska from uk!

Hey Jodie :)

There's a facebook group for all Nebraskan-living Brits (Brits in Nebraska) - we have had various meet ups! Due to the military base, there are many Brits here :D

Dictater Tot Dec 3rd 2019 1:31 am

Hello! My husband is the expat, and he is from Berwick and a card carrying member of the Toon Army. He has been here 11 years and we have lived in Chicago all that time, but I grew up in Nebraska and most of my family is there so he has spent a good deal of time out there. We are seriously considering moving back - it will either be Lincoln or Omaha (leaning towards Lincoln as my 3 sisters live there). It will probably be a few years but next time we are back we would love to meet some of the Brits in the area.

marmitetoasty Dec 14th 2019 7:26 pm

Hello everyone!

I just moved to Lincoln, Nebraska. I would love to meet fellow Brits.

Dictater Tot Dec 18th 2019 11:23 am

Originally Posted by marmitetoasty (Post 12778872)
Hello everyone!

I just moved to Lincoln, Nebraska. I would love to meet fellow Brits.

Ill be in town over the holidays but unfortunately my husband (the expat) won’t be with me. I’m always happy to meet up for an drink!

marmitetoasty Dec 20th 2019 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Dictater Tot (Post 12780259)

Ill be in town over the holidays but unfortunately my husband (the expat) won’t be with me. I’m always happy to meet up for an drink!

Thank you very much for your response. Yes i would love to meet up!. My email is <snip> Pls let me know a good date and time to meet up

Dictater Tot Dec 23rd 2019 2:39 am

Originally Posted by marmitetoasty (Post 12780998)
Thank you very much for your response. Yes i would love to meet up!. My email is <snip> Pls let me know a good date and time to meet up

My sister had the baby Friday so just finally checking in. I don’t have a lot going on this week so let me know - tomorrow I don’t have anything going on so it’s ideal if you are in town. Your email was snipped - would you be able to PM it to me?

marmitetoasty Dec 26th 2019 7:29 pm

Hiya

Just PM'd you. hopefully you'd be able to see my message.

Dictater Tot Dec 27th 2019 11:12 am

Originally Posted by marmitetoasty (Post 12782472)
Hiya

Just PM'd you. hopefully you'd be able to see my message.

Just responded.

Also, one of the owners of Open Harvest is a British Expat from Scotland - just met her this week while picking up a few items on my shopping list. Margot is lovely and Open Harvest is Lincoln’s best food co-op!