Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Moving from London to ATL in April.....

Moving from London to ATL in April.....

Old Mar 9th 2011, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

LauraW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving from London to ATL in April.....

....and will be in need of some new girlfriends.

I am moving to Atlanta in April with my boyfriend (who is on a L1 working visa). I won't be able to work but looking for other interesting and fun ways to fill my time.

I'd love to get to know any 're-locaters', go for coffee, watch the royal wedding and get your top tips on ATL
Old Mar 25th 2011, 12:41 am
Account Closed

Jools-Ann is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving from London to ATL in April.....

Hi Laura,

I live just outside Atlanta in Roswell. I'm probably a bit older than you (48!) but can give you some tips on Atlanta. First off do you drive? The traffic is something else! It's busy and fast moving and everyone drives up your exhaust pipe and brakes and changes lane suddenly! I was terrified at first but now can join in with the best of them!

Atlanta itself has a lot to offer, there's the Philips Arena that holds sports and concerts, there's a zoo and aquarium and lots of great malls. There is also an upmarket area called Buckhead which has some high end designer shopping and plenty of cool bars and restaurants. Georgians are lovely, really friendly and welcoming, and they love the Brit accent! The receptionist where I work calls me Britgirl which is nice!

The weather is superb although we had a bad week of ice in January. It's currently in the 20s. There is a lot of pollen though so if you get hay fever or allergies, make sure you bring medication.

Hope this is a start and feel free to ask any questions

Jools
Old Apr 15th 2011, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm Moving to Atlanta (Buckhead) next week. I'll be on a fiancee visa so also won't be working - whereabouts in ATL will you be based
Lx
Old Dec 5th 2011, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

FridaysChild is an unknown quantity at this point

I realise I am a little late to the party, but... better late than never?!

I moved to Atlanta (Buckhead) in March this year, and my also-British husband joined me in June. I am working, and he is not.

If you are interested in meeting up, let us know!