Meet-up in Denver

Meet-up in Denver

Old Jul 2nd 2008, 2:46 am
Just Joined

Laphroaig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Meet-up in Denver

Originally Posted by Leyther
My names Chris.

I'm with you on the flights; Manchester to Chicago and then onto Denver soon takes it toll and with the price of flights steadily increasing it certainly puts a strain on the wallet and so on my last trip here I brought everything which I needed to apply to university and then did so. I'm currently finishing off the final the couple of years of my bachelor's degrees and then hoping to attend DU's law school sometime in the future; I'm thinking the flights back and forth may have been cheaper

How long have you got left before you complete your studies and how are you finding the whole school aspect of it here? It certainly sounds like a huge change from being stuck behind a desk all day.

As for the immigration process, having read a lot of things on here and conducted research of my own, I am anxious to get the ball rolling but not looking forward to the headaches which are sure to follow. My partner and I really like the Cheeseman and City Park areas, along with Park Hill, but at the same time we really like our apartment on Capital Hill but we don't want to rent much long either.
My wife's cousin did her law degree at DU, it would seem like a good school to go to for that; she seemed to really enjoy it.

I only started my course last April so have a long way to go; i finish Nov 2010. I have a passion for fixing things and working with my hands so i guess this was a natural progression. I never came across a course like this one in the UK.

You should be ok with the immigration paperwork; i think our entire process was around 6 months which wasn't too bad. We managed to get it all done through the London Embassy which i think was a bit easier than doing it from here. They even organized my SSN which helped a lot.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 6:13 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone is interested in the Denver area - (like many places) Fado's is showing the Premier League starting this Sat...

Doors opening early this Saturday and showing games live from 6.30am until 4pm. Check out their website for the full listing of games and there is never a cover charge. Don't forget to sign up for our free fantasy football league for your chance to win free beer, great monthly prizes and a cash prize for the overall champion.

We are kicking it off right with a FREE full Irish breakfast and $2 bloody marys this Saturday until 1pm, so tell your friends and we will see you all on Saturday.

Fado Irish pub
1735 19th street
(between 19th and 20th on Wynkoop)
Old Sep 10th 2008, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

Floridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud of

I was in CS, Vail and Denver in July, great place, I walked past Fado's a couple of times on my way to Falling Rock, from Wynkoops. Great Divide has some good beer too, god I sound like an Alcoholic!! I did do other things like go to the top of Pikes Peak, and generally took in the scenary. My wife lived there in CS a few years ago and wants to go back, I must admit, I wouldn't mind myself
Old Oct 28th 2008, 7:21 am
Just Joined

Edgearoth is just really niceEdgearoth is just really niceEdgearoth is just really niceEdgearoth is just really niceEdgearoth is just really niceEdgearoth is just really niceEdgearoth is just really niceEdgearoth is just really nice

Hi i have been in Denver for 2 year and would like to meet some fellow ex-pats. Any meets planned for any time soon?

Alex

Last edited by Edgearoth; Oct 28th 2008 at 7:43 am.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Edgearoth
Hi i have been in Denver for 2 year and would like to meet some fellow ex-pats. Any meets planned for any time soon?

Alex
Welcome to BE Where abouts in Denver are you?

I don't think there has been a meet-up on here for a long time, there are a few of us knocking about though.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Edgearoth is just really niceEdgearoth is just really niceEdgearoth is just really niceEdgearoth is just really niceEdgearoth is just really niceEdgearoth is just really niceEdgearoth is just really niceEdgearoth is just really nice

Im on the north side in westminster. My mum is coming to see me this week i havent seen her in over 5 years will be good to see her again. Been in the Us since 2002
Old Oct 28th 2008, 5:23 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leyther
Welcome to BE Where abouts in Denver are you?

I don't think there has been a meet-up on here for a long time, there are a few of us knocking about though.
there's been one from here?
There's a sporadic expat meet up in Denver but not an actual BE event.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of

Im on the north side in westminster. My mum is coming to see me this week i havent seen her in over 5 years will be good to see her again. Been in the Us since 2002
Was just up that end on Saturday, around 98th & Sheridan, as one of my friends was in a performance at Hylands Christian School, the less said the better

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
there's been one from here?
There's a sporadic expat meet up in Denver but not an actual BE event.
There hasn't been one from BE since I've been around, and that isn't long.

The other expat group is planning on meeting up somewhere for St. Andrews day but nothing has been finalized yet and with it being so close to Thanksgiving, I am not sure what will happen.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

Have any of you been to O'sheas in the DTC? they have quite good food and almost all the beer on tap is non-US stuff. The barman is a great guy i would recomend it.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 2:31 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Have any of you been to O'sheas in the DTC? they have quite good food and almost all the beer on tap is non-US stuff. The barman is a great guy i would recomend it.
yeah, its not a bad place, there's another one down there too in the tech area... there's also an indian down that neck of the woods too. not bad either..

I hear there's a good curry place over at 104th & Federal direction.

Have you been over to the Hilltop Inn by jeffco airport? Its a small 'hotel'. Never been myself but its run by Brits; boast to have authentic food and serve tea.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 3:02 am
Just Joined

I live right at 104th and Fed i have been to the indian a few times i loved it but my Girl friend hates indian so i dont get to go too often. It is expensive, for the two of us it was over $60 which i thought was a little steep.

I have not heard of the the hotel before, I will google it and see what i can find.

Last edited by Edgearoth; Oct 29th 2008 at 3:16 am.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

I live right at 104th and Fed i have been to the indian a few times i loved it but my Girl friend hates indian so i dont get to go too often. It is expensive, for the two of us it was over $60 which i thought was a little steep.

I have not heard of the the hotel before, I will google it and see what i can find.
Here is the website for the Hilltop Inn: http://guest-house.com/ I have never heard of it before.

If you are looking for a more affordable Indian, then I highly recommend the Little India restaurant on 6th and Grant. They offer a buffet lunch and frequently offer two for one entrees at dinner. The food is pretty good too.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 4:31 am
Just Joined

That place is really close i will have to try it out some time soon.