Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Meet-up in Denver

Meet-up in Denver

Old Aug 5th 2007, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Ugly Duckling is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Meet-up in Denver

I have been over here two years and would like to meet with any British Expats in the Denver area.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:47 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meet-up in Denver

We're around.... a bunch of us meet once a month for a pint... PM'd you - anyone else interested; PM me.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 9:15 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know when I'm going to Denver next but I'll let you know when I'm over.. I'd like to get together sometime..
Old Aug 27th 2007, 9:18 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ugly Duckling
I have been over here two years and would like to meet with any British Expats in the Denver area.
hiya and welcome to BE
Old Sep 5th 2007, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Carefree is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ugly Duckling
Hi, I am going to be moving to Denver soon and am also looking to hook up with other Brits in Denver. Would also be interested in hearing about where you recommned living in the Denver area?
Old Sep 6th 2007, 2:07 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carefree
Hi, I am going to be moving to Denver soon and am also looking to hook up with other Brits in Denver. Would also be interested in hearing about where you recommned living in the Denver area?
Tarkak9 is the best one to ask.. try sending him a PM..

My FIL lives in Westminster and I quite like that area because it's right between Denver and Boulder so it's easy to get to either place..
Old Sep 6th 2007, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Technically Denver is the downtown bit, most people live in the suburbs, but its a bit like asking - I am moving to London..... More information needed.

Soft market, so you should have plenty of choice, but I would rent and get a feel first.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 10:32 am
Just Joined

Carefree is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply and sorry for being so vague! I am looking at the suburbs or foothills but can not decide between the two. I am planning to get out there in the next few weeks to do some research before deciding on where to narrow my search to. Towns such as Parker and Littleton have been recommended to me for the suburbs and Boulder and Evergreen for the foothills.

I have heard it is a good market at the moment and you can pick up some good deals?
Old Sep 18th 2007, 6:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Carefree
Thanks for your reply and sorry for being so vague! I am looking at the suburbs or foothills but can not decide between the two. I am planning to get out there in the next few weeks to do some research before deciding on where to narrow my search to. Towns such as Parker and Littleton have been recommended to me for the suburbs and Boulder and Evergreen for the foothills.

I have heard it is a good market at the moment and you can pick up some good deals?
Soft certainly, but we sold in 14 days.

Depends on what you are looking for, how much you want to pay etc.

Soft in Boulder is relative.

You might want to check the altitude in Evergreen, very different to the others you mentioned.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

StarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant futureStarlaLorien has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Boiler
Soft certainly, but we sold in 14 days.

Depends on what you are looking for, how much you want to pay etc.

Soft in Boulder is relative.

You might want to check the altitude in Evergreen, very different to the others you mentioned.
Hi everyone,

We just moved to Boulder and don't know anyone....(I'm USC my husband is Scottish). Are these once a month meet ups still going on? Anyone have any advice on Boulder?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by StarlaLorien
Hi everyone,

We just moved to Boulder and don't know anyone....(I'm USC my husband is Scottish). Are these once a month meet ups still going on? Anyone have any advice on Boulder?
If you have a special occasion to celebrate go to a restaurant called Frasca on Pearl St with (almost) 17th, it isn't cheap but worth the price. I was supposed to be in Boulder today and tomorrow but I changed my mind and stayed at home. If you find a group of British Expats there I'll be happy to join, I am not British (I'm Spanish) but I lived in England for 11 years so I guess I am an expat from Britain ..
Old Jan 21st 2008, 4:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by StarlaLorien
Hi everyone,

There was a Boulder Brits Meeting, once a month, seemed to ave died a death, went once, people OK but strikes me as a bit sad.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 4:35 am

There was a Boulder Brits Meeting, once a month, seemed to ave died a death, went once, people OK but strikes me as a bit sad.
Maybe the three of us (and anybody else that wants to join) can make it a happier event!!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:36 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
Maybe the three of us (and anybody else that wants to join) can make it a happier event!!
That's why I attend the denver one although the Boulder one is more 'conveniant' but I agree with you Boiler... plead the 5th I do. just for a lark, we're going bowling and beers... (anything to improve the game skill).

StarlaLorien - welcome to the area!!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of

Although I visited Denver back in May of this year for a couple of months, I to am relatively new to the area, having moved to the Capitol Hill area just before Christmas.

As far as Brits go, I often run into a few of us down at Nallen's on 14th & Market, besides there, there doesn't seem to be many about around here but then again I haven't ventured very far since I have been here.

Ah well, I just thought I would post here and say "hello" to you all, hope you're all having a good day and managing to avoid the cold as best you can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.