British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Meet-ups (https://britishexpats.com/forum/meet-ups-112/)
-   -   Living in Chester County PA looking for friends (https://britishexpats.com/forum/meet-ups-112/living-chester-county-pa-looking-friends-907346/)

ukexpatsinexton Dec 31st 2017 10:45 pm

Living in Chester County PA looking for friends

Myself and my wife (Leigh) moved to Chester Springs in the summer and are looking to meet local people to build friendships. My wife loves dogs, horses and the outdoors and enjoys the occasional glass of wine. We both enjoy cooking and entertaining and it would be great to meet some new people.

We are from the UK so it would be lovely to meet some fellow brits but we aren’t fussy really !

Please get in touch as it would be lovely to go into the new year with some more friends

Brandy07 Mar 25th 2018 10:18 pm

Re: Living in Chester County PA looking for friends

Originally Posted by ukexpatsinexton (Post 12408252)
Myself and my wife (Leigh) moved to Chester Springs in the summer and are looking to meet local people to build friendships. My wife loves dogs, horses and the outdoors and enjoys the occasional glass of wine. We both enjoy cooking and entertaining and it would be great to meet some new people.

We are from the UK so it would be lovely to meet some fellow brits but we aren’t fussy really !

Please get in touch as it would be lovely to go into the new year with some more friends

Hi, just seen this. I guess from your name you’re in Exton, PA.
My husband and I live in West Chester (Exton side). We’re from the UK and moved here last August and are here for 2 years. We have 2 children 9 & 7. We like being outdoors - my husbands runs and we both like walking. We like dogs but don’t have one. I used to horse ride but haven’t been on one for years!

melusine Mar 26th 2018 2:07 am

Hello, I moved to Chester County in December 2017 as well. We previously lived in Yorkshire. We live up near Eagle Village, not very far from Exton. Our children are 13 and 16.

I like to cook and enjoy a glass of wine or too as well!

I'd definitely be up for a meet up?

Melly

ukexpatsinexton Mar 26th 2018 12:33 pm

Good Morning , Melly !

Welcome to Chester County , looks like you've only enjoyed the winter so far, we were lucky enough to move in June so had a lovely summer break and fall before the winter set in. I'll try and send you a direct message , otherwise I'll put a link to my facebook profile and you can send me a friend request. We are 2 mins down the road from Eagle over in Byers Station.

ukexpatsinexton Mar 26th 2018 12:38 pm

I don't use this forum enough to send DM's so.. Brandy07 and melusine please Facebook me and I'll message you both , great to meet you and look forward to meeting up !

my username in facebook is brianshurst so if you type the normal address and then /brianshurst it'll take you to my profile. (as I also cannot post URLS)

steveq Mar 31st 2018 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by ukexpatsinexton (Post 12470146)
I don't use this forum enough to send DM's so.. Brandy07 and melusine please Facebook me and I'll message you both , great to meet you and look forward to meeting up !

Just click the user name on the left of their posts, and click "Personal message"

Brandy07 Apr 7th 2018 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by melusine (Post 12469889)
Hello, I moved to Chester County in December 2017 as well. We previously lived in Yorkshire. We live up near Eagle Village, not very far from Exton. Our children are 13 and 16.

I like to cook and enjoy a glass of wine or too as well!

I'd definitely be up for a meet up?

Melly

Hi Melly

How have you’re children settled?

I’m originally from Yorkshire!
Be nice to meet up. I’ll message you separately

hmvsdog Jun 12th 2018 9:21 pm

A bit late to this party, but my wife and I live in Malvern, PA. Welcome to the area!