Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Just moved to US. Any tips on meeting new people?

Just moved to US. Any tips on meeting new people?

Old Jun 7th 2015, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

curaduk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just moved to US. Any tips on meeting new people?

Hi all,

Just wanted to write a quick message on here. I am new to the site and have only just moved to the US. I am currently living in Connecticut, but looking to move to New Jersey / New York in the next couple of months.

What is a good way of meeting new people/English ex-pats here in the States? Any tips or links to existing threads on this topic would be great help!

Look forward to using this site and making the most out of my stay here
Old Jun 7th 2015, 10:44 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just moved to US. Any tips on meeting new people?

Welcome! What are your interests? If you like dogs, volunteer at the local shelter; if you like books, the library. Best way to meet like-minded people. Join a bike club if you ride; take a class at a museum if you enjoy art; a cooking class if you love food. Just go about meeting folks the same way that you did in the UK -- you'll find people very friendly and happy to meet you. Good luck!
Old Jun 8th 2015, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

AnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just moved to US. Any tips on meeting new people?

Hi there! You could try this site - http://www.meetup.com it's a great way of meeting people who share a common interest. I used it to meet up with a brit expat group in SF.