Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Helloooo Any Brits in Orlando Florida???

Helloooo Any Brits in Orlando Florida???

Old Mar 24th 2012, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

marcelle38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Helloooo Any Brits in Orlando Florida???

hello you can add me tooooooooo
Originally Posted by Bob
Sue was adding them to the list a few days ago...just click on the "more" on the smilie box list on the right of the text box, when doing a new reply rather than a quick reply
Old Mar 29th 2012, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Rachaelsmith30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LisaM41
Hi, I am here in Orlando Florida to meet my fiancee and will have access to a vehicle shortly I would love to meet up with like minded people who are either English or American. I am from Essex and have a Degree in hospitality management which I put to good use in the City on reception serving Directors etc of investment companies and banks, I also integrated my hospitality work into healthcare and became an elderly caregiver when I needed work and my knowledge in health and nutrition came in useful when caring for them.

I consider myself to be a nice lady 41 no kids (yet) and have a good upstanding set of values in my character as well as loyalty to friends and an openness to people. Could anyone let me know if they're in the area, I'm based around Lake Nona and would love to meet.

Hope to hear from anyone out there!
Hi there, I have just joined this site, me and my family are looking into moving to Orlando Florida we have 2 sons and a daughter so I need to do a lot of research before we go ahead with the move we are in Essex. What are the first steps to take my husband already has a honorary citizenship any information you could provide would be a huge help. Rachael x
Old Mar 29th 2012, 8:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachaelsmith30
Hi there, I have just joined this site, me and my family are looking into moving to Orlando Florida we have 2 sons and a daughter so I need to do a lot of research before we go ahead with the move we are in Essex. What are the first steps to take my husband already has a honorary citizenship any information you could provide would be a huge help. Rachael x
Hi and welcome to BE.

I had to Google US honorary citizenship...but it seems the handful of people that have been granted it are dead.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86761.pdf

Honorary citizenship does not entitle relatives or dependants to special entry or immigration to the US.

I suggest you open a new thread in the US Immigration Forum...the regulars in that forum will help answer any questions you may have about the US immigration process.

Good luck.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 29th 2012 at 8:57 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

Rachaelsmith30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the reply think I'm going to contact American embassy for a point in the right direction
Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:18 am
Just Joined

maizedaisy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Michelle 40,

I'm interested to find out which area you moved to? I've just got here in Orlando myself. I bought a house here with the idea of renting it out and ended up moving out here to stay.
it's just myself and my husband, as my 2 grown up kids are back home in Scotland.
I stay in Davenport, but not sure whether i want to continue staying here or not. I guess i will have to wait and see if i can settle here.
it is a lovely house, but i just feel miles from everything.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by michelle40
hi everyone im michelle 40 from wigan lancashire me and my family are moving to orlando in january any tips on where best to live ive been looking round lake mary and davenport area. thankyou
Hi Michelle,

I've posted you a question on this 'thread'. Just joined and getting used to posting stuff.

Maizedaisy
Old Jan 9th 2013, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

michelle40 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi welcome to the usa we been here six months now we live in elizabethtown,pa due to work we had to move here my husband a electrical design engineer and there was not much work in florida my advice would be to move around the lake mary area its got a lower crime rate plus a small town feel davenport as a lot of rentals so its harder to make friends and alittle out of the way we have just started to feel settled here christmas was tough there are things i miss about england but i feel its been a good move i wish you all the best keep in touch michelle

Last edited by michelle40; Jan 9th 2013 at 3:42 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Oh that sounds nice. Dadn't know where Elizabethtown was. I had to look it up!!

I will certainly look up Lake Mary. I do like Clermont and other parts of Davenport. But i know what you mean. It's very 'holiday home' here and where i am there are not a lot of neighbours. I would like something more residential.

Are you sorry that you had to go to PA? It sounds a great place. More towny!! Just what i'm used to back home. I was used to staying in a city with public transport, shops and the like. So i'm struggling a bit with not having it on my door step. Oh well i will just have to get used to having to drive further a field.
I chose the home i am currently in to use as a holiday rental. it was easier to come here to begin with.

Maizedaisy
Old Jan 9th 2013, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

michelle40 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi im glad we ended up here in elizabethtown its in the country the crime rate is very low and it as good schools which is important as we have a little boy age 5 where quiet near to hershey where the chocolate is made and lots of nice parks to walk around in the climate is good we get all four seasons which we like. im sure in time you start to feel settled, orlando is a nice place we still feel like a fish out of water some days im sure in time that will get better keep in touch
Old Jan 10th 2013, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of

Hi Maizedaisy,

As Michelle said Lake Mary is lovely, but you should consider commuting to work, on your profile it says you own a business, where is it? If you have to commute south of Lake Mary you will be sitting in one long traffic jam on the I4 and also has a huge amount of accidents, one part has on average over 30 accidents a week!

Vicki
Old Jan 10th 2013, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

Ohh another Brit!
Thanks for your reply. Our Business is based in Davenport as we are working from home. We need to be around this area. I will probably stay in this house for at least a year anyway and possibly move. Maybe Clermont. Not sure. I don't even know where Windemere is though have heard of it.

I see you are on FaceBook. When i get around to joining i will look you up.
My husband is on it.

Maizedaisy
Old Jan 10th 2013, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of

You certainly don't want to be living in Lake Mary then, it's over a hour away in good traffic (which is just about never where the I4 around Orlando is concerned).

If you are staying where you are for the moment have a good look about at different places. Clermont will be a lot easier to commute from as it's straight up the US27 which is a fairly quiet road. Anywhere that you can get to avoiding the I4 around Orlando

Windermere is basically on top of Disneyworld I love it here, but it is expensive to live here, although at least you won't be restricted to getting into the right catchment areas for schools.

Please do add me on FB or PM me if you fancy meeting up I am free during the day as all my kids are in school.

Vicki
Old Jan 11th 2013, 1:48 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your kind invitation, i might take you up on that when things settle down a bit. We have both been really busy. We have taken over a business which is quite different for both of us.

My furniture has just arrived in the U.S and will be here tomorrow.

The area you stay sounds lovely. i will need to have a drive there at some point, or i should say get lost driving there.....though i do have a Sat Nav.

I will contact you again hopefuly soon,

Mary (maizedaisy)
Old Jan 11th 2013, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

sioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant futuresioux has a brilliant future

Hello everyone
We live in Dr. Phillips, we've been here nearly 3 months and are really enjoying the whether.
<<<snip>>>
and I am at the moment a stay at home mummy.
Would love to meet up....
we lived in Canada for the last 5 years and have FINALLY made it to the US

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jan 11th 2013 at 6:21 pm. Reason: Please read Site Rule # 9
Old Jan 11th 2013, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi Sioux,

Ohh Dr Philips area....how nice. I know a couple who stay there. I have been to the restarant Seasons 52. Its lovely. i would like to try some of the other ones also.

What made you decide to move to the U.S? I have never been to Canada but have a cousin there. Now that i stay closer it will be easier to visit him. He too was from the U.K.

Maizedaisy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.