Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Helloooo Any Brits in Orlando Florida???

Helloooo Any Brits in Orlando Florida???

Old Nov 15th 2011, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

LisaM41 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Helloooo Any Brits in Orlando Florida???

Hi, I am here in Orlando Florida to meet my fiancee and will have access to a vehicle shortly I would love to meet up with like minded people who are either English or American. I am from Essex and have a Degree in hospitality management which I put to good use in the City on reception serving Directors etc of investment companies and banks, I also integrated my hospitality work into healthcare and became an elderly caregiver when I needed work and my knowledge in health and nutrition came in useful when caring for them.

I consider myself to be a nice lady 41 no kids (yet) and have a good upstanding set of values in my character as well as loyalty to friends and an openness to people. Could anyone let me know if they're in the area, I'm based around Lake Nona and would love to meet.

Hope to hear from anyone out there!

Last edited by LisaM41; Nov 15th 2011 at 2:28 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Default Brits in Orlando Florida???

Hi me again hoping I don't have to continue doing the housework for too long. Anyone out there, even a hello would be good? would love to meet or just start talking X
Old Nov 18th 2011, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of
Default Re: Brits in Orlando Florida???

Hi Lisa,

I live in Windermere I am currently a full time mummy, mainly because I am not allowed to work on my visa (H4).

Vicki
Old Nov 19th 2011, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Helloooo Any Brits in Orlando Florida???

Hi vicki wow so nice to get a response, I think I've driven through Windermere with the family its a lovely area. Id love to know if you are english where your from in the uk Lisa x
Old Nov 20th 2011, 1:01 am
Just Joined

michelle40 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi everyone im michelle 40 from wigan lancashire me and my family are moving to orlando in january any tips on where best to live ive been looking round lake mary and davenport area. thankyou
Old Nov 20th 2011, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of

Hi Lisa,

I am from York How long have you been over here? We only moved over here in September, my husband has a work visa. Do you know when you will get a car? we could meet up for a cuppa somewhere

Originally Posted by michelle40
hi everyone im michelle 40 from wigan lancashire me and my family are moving to orlando in january any tips on where best to live ive been looking round lake mary and davenport area. thankyou
Hi Michelle,

I don't really know either of the areas you mentioned, still very new here Do you have any criteria? such as schools? transport links to particular area(s) for work?

Before we moved I had an idea where we wanted to live, partly because we had been before several times and also schools were a big thing for us as I have 3 children in Elementary school. I have to say I LOVE where we live, I am actually quite surprised I got it right first time lol It is quite an expensive area to live, it really would depend on your budget. We struggled to find a big enough house (minimum 4 bed) under $2000 rent a month in the right catchment area for the schools (elementary, middle and high), but we did find one in the end after viewing what felt like hundreds over a few days.

HTH and if there is anything else I can help with just ask

Vicki
Old Nov 20th 2011, 3:30 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Brits in Orlando? I think you're a rare bread

Anyway, welcome to BE
Old Nov 20th 2011, 10:19 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Brits in Orlando? I think you're a rare bread
Where on earth are all these new smilies popping up from ?
Old Nov 20th 2011, 10:39 am
Just Joined

hi vicki thankyou for your reply
i have a four year old boy so a good school is first on the list
my husband a electrical engineer he seen a couple of jobs round lake mary and sandford area. im looking to buy a home my budget 170k
what the cost of living like eg gas electric. my house sold last week in the uk after being on the market for 2 years i got my visa in september my hudand a us citizen who live in the uk most of is life. have a good weekend
Old Nov 20th 2011, 3:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Where on earth are all these new smilies popping up from ?
Sue was adding them to the list a few days ago...just click on the "more" on the smilie box list on the right of the text box, when doing a new reply rather than a quick reply
Old Nov 20th 2011, 3:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

hi vicki thankyou for your reply
i have a four year old boy so a good school is first on the list
my husband a electrical engineer he seen a couple of jobs round lake mary and sandford area. im looking to buy a home my budget 170k
what the cost of living like eg gas electric. my house sold last week in the uk after being on the market for 2 years i got my visa in september my hudand a us citizen who live in the uk most of is life. have a good weekend
You'll want to search out and post in the main US forums...plenty of threads covering Florida, so you'll get a pretty good idea if you have a look around. Also city-data.com is a good place for figuring out CoL.

As for cost of utilities, ranges massively from new build to old, a small house to a large house with a pool.

Is your OH qualified in the US? Don't think the UK qualifications alone mean very much over here.
Old Nov 20th 2011, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

hi my husaband got bsc with honers in electrical engineering which is known in the us he has a good knowledge of nec codes they use auto cad to design the work which same systerm as uk thanks michelle
Old Nov 20th 2011, 4:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

hi my husaband got bsc with honers in electrical engineering which is known in the us he has a good knowledge of nec codes they use auto cad to design the work which same systerm as uk thanks michelle
I meant the engineering side, the degree isn't a problem, but to call oneself an engineer....some of that might be state requirements
Old Nov 20th 2011, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

hi yes there is state requirments till my husband got a licence he would need to have his work signed off by a state registerd engineer thankyou for your help
Old Nov 21st 2011, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wibblypig
Hi Lisa,

I am from York How long have you been over here? We only moved over here in September, my husband has a work visa. Do you know when you will get a car? we could meet up for a cuppa somewhere

Hi Michelle,

I don't really know either of the areas you mentioned, still very new here Do you have any criteria? such as schools? transport links to particular area(s) for work?

Before we moved I had an idea where we wanted to live, partly because we had been before several times and also schools were a big thing for us as I have 3 children in Elementary school. I have to say I LOVE where we live, I am actually quite surprised I got it right first time lol It is quite an expensive area to live, it really would depend on your budget. We struggled to find a big enough house (minimum 4 bed) under $2000 rent a month in the right catchment area for the schools (elementary, middle and high), but we did find one in the end after viewing what felt like hundreds over a few days.

HTH and if there is anything else I can help with just ask

Vicki
So good to hear from you Michelle I'm based in the area of Lake nona 32832 area. Im originally from Essex yes and essex girl for my sins! I have a [property in that county in Brentwood but may be selling it to put a deposit on over here. I have been here for the last two weeks again and its my umpteenth time here to see my partner.....Ill be getting a rental car in the next week and richard will be travelling for work. Id love to meet yes for sure lets keep in touch and we can meet up also theres vicki on here whos begun connecting which is nice and I see youve both spoken too, so we can all go for a pow wow somewhere!! SOo excited to at last speak to some Brits here its surprising how much Ive missed them yay!!!!!!!

Last edited by LisaM41; Nov 21st 2011 at 12:06 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.