Chicago

Old Mar 2nd 2016, 9:59 pm
Banned

themadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chicago

Any Brits in the house?
Old May 18th 2016, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Middlemore is a jewel in the roughMiddlemore is a jewel in the roughMiddlemore is a jewel in the roughMiddlemore is a jewel in the roughMiddlemore is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Chicago

I am the only one?
Living in the south burbs, was in Joliet for a few years before that.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 5:29 pm
Conditional Resident

Mangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond repute

gunna land and set up shop in Plainfield hopefully in Sept this year
Old Jun 16th 2016, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Middlemore is a jewel in the roughMiddlemore is a jewel in the roughMiddlemore is a jewel in the roughMiddlemore is a jewel in the roughMiddlemore is a jewel in the rough

Well welcome to Chicagoland!
Just curious, why Plainfield?
Old Jun 16th 2016, 8:30 am
Conditional Resident

Mangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond repute

its my fiancee's hometown, so we are going to living there to start with and then depending on work / school for her kid we will either stay or move closer to chicago
Old Jun 16th 2016, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

OK, thanks. There's not much there, I guess it depend on the work you do whether you can find anything there, but its also not a bad commute to Chicago if you drive. Not much public transport there!
Old Jun 16th 2016, 9:22 am
Conditional Resident

i reckon i'll be commuting everyday up the I55 or maybe up 59 towards I88 (aurora) to catch the train into downtown. gunna be looking for a consultancy firm for electrical engineering when i arrive.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

You can get the metra from Lockport or Joliet as well.
Schedule & Fare Finder

Metra is great if you work Mon to Fri, 9-5, but its not such a great service outside of the rush hours.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 9:46 am
Conditional Resident

Originally Posted by Middlemore
You can get the metra from Lockport or Joliet as well.
Schedule & Fare Finder

Metra is great if you work Mon to Fri, 9-5, but its not such a great service outside of the rush hours.
Thanks for the info
Old Jun 16th 2016, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

You're welcome : )
Best of luck with your job search. It takes a while to find a job in Illinois, and you might have to work in other fields for a while to keep an income.
I'm an RN and it took almost 2 years to find a job in my field, I worked in an animal shelter until then. I know of others who had similar problems, there is a London tube train driver driving shuttle buses as the CTA weren't interested in his 20 plus years of service on the Metropolitan line.
If you have any family contacts, use them. Job offers are very subjective here, no equality or anything like that. You can have the perfect resume but someone else is a friend of a friend and its a done deal.
Learn to write cover letters for your resume and don;t be afraid to do stunts that we would consider creepy in the UK. Send thank you notes after an interview, send gifts, whatever it takes : (
And welcome to the land of 2 weeks annual leave !
Old Jul 11th 2016, 2:35 am
Just Joined

Skyedave is an unknown quantity at this point

We moved to Streeterville back in April after a year in Nashville and Dallas before that.Downtown Chicago is a fun place to live.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

jambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond reputejambey2510 has a reputation beyond repute

Not right now, but in the next few years my fiance and I will be married, she will have finished grad school in MO and we will move to live back near her family in Chicago!

We will probably live in the Park Ridge area all being well.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond repute

Here, as you can see by the join date I've been here quite awhile but forgot about this site for a few years

(yes after the immigration was all sorted out)

Living now in Niles, funny I was in Root Pizza on Chicago the other day and two girls were talking about it they described it as miles away. God knows where they think Elgin is, which is where I was for a year or two
Old Jan 7th 2017, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond reputeloubiblu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave2702
Here, as you can see by the join date I've been here quite awhile but forgot about this site for a few years

(yes after the immigration was all sorted out)

Living now in Niles, funny I was in Root Pizza on Chicago the other day and two girls were talking about it they described it as miles away. God knows where they think Elgin is, which is where I was for a year or two
I cycled from Niles (Amlings Bike Shop) into downtown Chicago last month. Seems like a nice enough town.
Old Jan 16th 2017, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loubiblu
I cycled from Niles (Amlings Bike Shop) into downtown Chicago last month. Seems like a nice enough town.
It's also on the bike path to the Botanic Garden, assuming the River hasn't flooded the path again thanks to this rain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.