Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Brits in Walnut Creek, Alamo, Danville, CA?

Brits in Walnut Creek, Alamo, Danville, CA?

Old May 16th 2013, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

EastBaySB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brits in Walnut Creek, Alamo, Danville, CA?

Hi there, We moved to the East Bay a few months ago. We have 2 young boys who are 2 and 4 years old. I would LOVE to meet some mums from the UK with similar age kids who live nearby! Anyone around for a playdate at one of the beautiful parks around here?
Thanks!
Suzanne
Old May 19th 2013, 3:16 am
Just Joined

Annapixie is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Brits in Walnut Creek, Alamo, Danville, CA?

Originally Posted by EastBaySB
Hi there, We moved to the East Bay a few months ago. We have 2 young boys who are 2 and 4 years old. I would LOVE to meet some mums from the UK with similar age kids who live nearby! Anyone around for a playdate at one of the beautiful parks around here?
Thanks!
Suzanne
Hi Suzanne,

I was really pleased to read your message. We moved as a family to Walnut Creek from London two months ago and would love to meet other families too - we have a little boy aged 8 months and a little girl aged 3 years old.

Perhaps we could meet in Civic Park in Walnut Creek?

Thanks ,

Anna
Old May 20th 2013, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Brits in Walnut Creek, Alamo, Danville, CA?

Hi Anna,
Cool! We're free tomorrow morning (although that is very short notice I know!) and then we are away for a few days until Monday. Next week we're free on Tuesday or Friday morning and most afternoons except Weds.
What works for you?
A blind playdate
See you soon!
Suzanne
Old May 20th 2013, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

Wonderful! Tuesdays and Thursdays are typically free at the moment! Have to do a few mundane things tomorrow though as we are m

Originally Posted by EastBaySB
Hi Anna,
Cool! We're free tomorrow morning (although that is very short notice I know!) and then we are away for a few days until Monday. Next week we're free on Tuesday or Friday morning and most afternoons except Weds.
What works for you?
A blind playdate
See you soon!
Suzanne
Old May 20th 2013, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Annapixie;10717160]Wonderful! Tuesdays and Thursdays are typically free at the moment! Have to do a few mundane things tomorrow though as we are moving into our new home next week. How about next Tuesday (a week tomorrow) when you are back?

How about 11am by the sandpit? There's a bit of shade there if its particularly hot (although it will take some time before the novelty of all this hot weather wears off!).

Let me know!

Thanks,
Anna
Old Jun 5th 2013, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

L00pylou is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! We moved from the uk last month to Danville. I'm also looking to meet other stay at home mums in the area. We've got two boys aged 4 & 2. Would be great to have some friends nearby from the uk!!
Thanks!!
Louise
Old Jun 5th 2013, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

Hi Louise,

Welcome to the U.S.! It's a big transition and definitely quite challenging at the beginning!
It would be great to meet up!

We moved into our new house two days ago (bordering Walnut Creek and Concord) and are currently surrounded by hundreds of boxes! It would be nice to get out and have play dates!

Would you like to first meet in Civic Park, Walnut Creek! It's really popular with kids and seems to be so much bigger than the regular parks we were used to in London.

Tuesday's and Thursdays are currently the best days to meet. How does that suit you?

Best wishes,

Anna

Originally Posted by L00pylou
Hi! We moved from the uk last month to Danville. I'm also looking to meet other stay at home mums in the area. We've got two boys aged 4 & 2. Would be great to have some friends nearby from the uk!!
Thanks!!
Louise
Old Jun 6th 2013, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Danville CA bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Girls
We are moving to Danville in September, I have two girls 3 and 5, would love to meet up with you all when we arrive. Any tips on the area to move to in Danville would be great.
How are you all finding out there?
Old Jun 6th 2013, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Hi Danville bound,

It all seems wonderful in Danville, no bad bad bits! We tried to find a property to rent but the market for 3-4 bed modern houses for rent seems crazy so we have been renting in Walnut Creek, which is terrific too. Both expensive but super friendly, safe, child friendly and countless things to do!

Haven't met too many expats so looking forward to meeting up with everyone.

Supermarkets are a bit different as you get so used to all the British brands of food but you soon adapt to the U.S. equivalents.

Best wishes,
Annapixie

Originally Posted by Danville CA bound
Hi Girls
We are moving to Danville in September, I have two girls 3 and 5, would love to meet up with you all when we arrive. Any tips on the area to move to in Danville would be great.
How are you all finding out there?
Old Jun 7th 2013, 12:52 am
Just Joined

Hi Anna!

Would really like to meet up with you, tues & thurs are good days with me too at the moment. Is there anywhere else we could meet? I'm just struggling a little bit with the driving out here at the moment. It's my biggest hurdle so would really appreciate it if you didn't mind? I live quite near blackhawk if that's any help?!!
I haven't met any ex pats yet, i'm missing my friends back home so having some British friends over here would be great!!

How's the unpacking going? We had our furniture delivered from the uk earlier this week, I was so pleased to see it all again after being without it for 8 weeks!!

Hi Danville bound!!

We've got a really good contact who helped us find our house, if you would like it let me know. He was fab!! We really like it here but it's still very early days, we've only been here 3 weeks! I can't believe how many gorgeous parks there are, that really seems the thing to do here with small children. They love it!! If I can help at all let me know, it's such a big decision to move here so I know any reassurance you can get is a help.

Best wishes to you both
Louise
Old Jun 7th 2013, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Hi Louise and Anna,

Thanks for coming back to me, I'll look forward to meeting up!
Louise, please could you pass on the details of the person who helped you with finding your place?
We will be coming out in late August to view homes, I just hope that there will be loads of nice ones to see. We came out in Feb to have a look around, I liked the sycamore valley area, handy having the school and park and pre-school all in one place. Also like downtown Danville but not many properties come up for rental there.
Well I hope you both are getting everything sorted and the children are adjusting ok.
Cassie x
Old Jun 7th 2013, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Hi Cassie,

Let us know when you are out here and we would be happy to give a warm British welcome! Kids would love it too!

Good luck with all the planning and please email with any help or advice you need!

Best wishes,
Anna

=Danville CA bound;10745543]Hi Louise and Anna,

Thanks for coming back to me, I'll look forward to meeting up!
Louise, please could you pass on the details of the person who helped you with finding your place?
We will be coming out in late August to view homes, I just hope that there will be loads of nice ones to see. We came out in Feb to have a look around, I liked the sycamore valley area, handy having the school and park and pre-school all in one place. Also like downtown Danville but not many properties come up for rental there.
Well I hope you both are getting everything sorted and the children are adjusting ok.
Cassie x[/QUOTE]
Old Jun 9th 2013, 2:47 am
Just Joined

Hi Cassie!
I need to get the guys contact details from my husband. When I've got them I'll send you a private message. Good rental houses in danville do seem to be snapped up quickly we found. Espcecially in downtown Danville itself. We live on the outskirts of danville past the blackhawk plaza shopping centre. Where in the uk do you live at the moment? We came from Oxfordshire.

Louise
Old Jun 9th 2013, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Hi Louise,
we live in Petts Wood, Bromley, Kent, so south east London boarder. I hear it was a really hot yesterday in San Fran. I'm looking forward to a more sunnier climate, but that is hot!!
Old Jul 12th 2013, 3:25 am
Just Joined

Hello ladies! Goodness Anna, so sorry I never got back to you. I never received an email from the website telling me that I had a reply and I never thought to check the forum again until now. just assumed that it wasn't going to work out! My in laws were here for a while and then things have been busy with the kids. Did you guys ever meet up? Are you free sometime to meet me and my two boys too? We live in Alamo. Cassie, good luck with the move! Danville is beautiful. Pretty hot here though! Takes some getting used to! Hopefully meet Anna and Louise soon! We're free on Tuesdays and Fridays generally. Suzanne x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.