British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Meet-ups (https://britishexpats.com/forum/meet-ups-112/)
-   -   Brits in Southern New Jersey (https://britishexpats.com/forum/meet-ups-112/brits-southern-new-jersey-757739/)

Daisydoo66 May 9th 2012 8:08 pm

Brits in Southern New Jersey

Hey,

I'm moving to Marlton New Jersey with my husband and our mini yorkshire terrier this June and I'm hoping to meet up with fellow British Expats in the area! I'm in my mid-20s, and generally looking for fellow British company to help me settle in.

Any contact would be great! :)

njmackem May 11th 2012 1:16 am

Re: Brits in Southern New Jersey

Originally Posted by Daisydoo66 (Post 10050992)
Hey,

I'm moving to Marlton New Jersey with my husband and our mini yorkshire terrier this June and I'm hoping to meet up with fellow British Expats in the area! I'm in my mid-20s, and generally looking for fellow British company to help me settle in.

Any contact would be great! :)

There is a healthy group of ex-pats in the Central/Northern Jersey areas but I am not sure about south jersey (its a little strange down there)....

You do though have the advantage of the British Chip Shop in Hammonton should you get bored of American cuisine. They do some good food and entertainment (check them out on facebook if you have it).

gayle_noronha Jul 20th 2012 5:42 pm

Where can I find the group for e central/northern jersey expats??

njmackem Jul 20th 2012 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by gayle_noronha (Post 10183810)
Where can I find the group for e central/northern jersey expats??

We had get together last year but nothing much has happened as a group since then. There are a load of us in The area and I'm always happy to meet new Brits!!

gayle_noronha Jul 20th 2012 6:19 pm

Maybe we should set one up! I haven't been home in almost 2 years. I need a fix!

njmackem Jul 20th 2012 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by gayle_noronha (Post 10183868)
Maybe we should set one up! I haven't been home in almost 2 years. I need a fix!

I'm in....

Daisydoo66 Jul 20th 2012 9:45 pm

I'm in!

gayle_noronha Jul 21st 2012 1:39 pm

Where are you located? I'm at the jersey shore. We can find somewhere central to everyone or down here :)

njmackem Jul 22nd 2012 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by gayle_noronha (Post 10184992)
Where are you located? I'm at the jersey shore. We can find somewhere central to everyone or down here :)

I am in Summit, which is about 10-15 minutes west of Newark.

jupiteruk Aug 6th 2012 3:48 pm

Greetings there,
I'm moving to NJ (Burlington Township) this Autumn from Bucks County, PA and would love to meet fellow Brits in the area! I don't think Marlton is that far :)
Aaron.

geribstewart Aug 7th 2012 1:35 am

We have been in NJ for almost two years, we live in Scotch Plains (not far from summit!). We have british expat friends who live in Marlton. They're opening a London Essentuals hair salon at Cherry hill mall at the end of the month so pop in if you want to make british friends!

jupiteruk Aug 7th 2012 11:33 am

Hi there,
That's good to know I'll send the wife to Cherry Hill mall. I'm having some complications with the house we're buying in Burlington nonetheless it will be good to meet other people :)