Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Brits in Miami / South Florida

Brits in Miami / South Florida

Old Nov 13th 2012, 1:49 am
Banned

Ethelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brits in Miami / South Florida

?
Old Nov 13th 2012, 1:53 am
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all
Default Re: Brits in Miami / South Florida

WTF???????????????????
Old Nov 13th 2012, 2:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Used to be anotherlimey - I don't know what happened to him.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 2:24 am
Banned

Ethelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Used to be anotherlimey - I don't know what happened to him.
I'm calling him out.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of

Nope, no Brits in Florida
Old Nov 13th 2012, 11:40 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Wibblypig
Nope, no Brits in Florida
The 400,000 of them must be hiding somewhere.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 11:44 pm
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all

They're all drug smugglers aren't they?
Old Nov 13th 2012, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ethelred_the_Unready
The 400,000 of them must be hiding somewhere.
Food for the gators
Old Nov 13th 2012, 11:52 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Wibblypig
Food for the gators
The higher than average levels of alcohol content in our bodies would not be appetising to the average gator and would most likely kill it. They prefer to munch on native Floridians.

Last edited by Ethelred_the_Unready; Nov 13th 2012 at 11:54 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

There's no such thing as a 'native Floridian'!

I'll be there on Friday, on a ship on Saturday and back to the ATL the following Saturday if that helps?
Old Nov 21st 2012, 3:30 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

I'll be back in Tampa in January, but that's not really South Florida. Even though the University of South Florida is located there. Hmm...
Old Nov 21st 2012, 11:54 pm
Occasionally here

sunnysideup is a jewel in the roughsunnysideup is a jewel in the roughsunnysideup is a jewel in the roughsunnysideup is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JRG67
They're all drug smugglers aren't they?
Ever noticed how Brickell avenue is filled with branches of every bank you've never heard of? In many cases the only other branch of said bank in the USA is in NYC. Miami isn't Florida - it's a world of money laundering all to itself. BTW - I notice the OP is an accountant

To the OP: are you actually in the city of Miami? Didn't you used to live in MA? Quite a different culture, so I'm curious what brought you to S.Florida. Do you speak Spanish? This is a good time of year to move, weather wise.

I have kids at the 'U' so I visit Miami at irregular intervals but I live near Tampa.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 11:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by tinaflorida
I'll be back in Tampa in January, but that's not really South Florida. Even though the University of South Florida is located there. Hmm...
I'd meet you halfway then, Naples?
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 12:11 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Ethelred_the_Unready
I'd meet you halfway then, Naples?
Don't do it! He'll get you to be a donkey
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 12:20 am
Banned

Originally Posted by sunnysideup
Ever noticed how Brickell avenue is filled with branches of every bank you've never heard of? In many cases the only other branch of said bank in the USA is in NYC. Miami isn't Florida - it's a world of money laundering all to itself. BTW - I notice the OP is an accountant

To the OP: are you actually in the city of Miami? Didn't you used to live in MA? Quite a different culture, so I'm curious what brought you to S.Florida. Do you speak Spanish? This is a good time of year to move, weather wise.

I have kids at the 'U' so I visit Miami at irregular intervals but I live near Tampa.
My move up to MA and back down again was solely for work. I was offered my old job back here in Miami, so I took it, because I couldn't find a decent job in MA. That aside, I miss the hell out of New England. When I had to go back a few months ago to "rescue" my ex wife, I was actually very sad, because I realized how much I missed the normalcy and the "oldness" of the place. This is why once I am ready and able, I may give one of the other New England states a shot.

Miami is a great city in many respects and is unique in the US, but it is not for me. I have zero chance of making friends here. At least up north, I could gel with the more blue collar type people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.