Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Brits in the East Bay/North Bay

Brits in the East Bay/North Bay

Old Mar 21st 2018, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

EmmaDel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brits in the East Bay/North Bay

So when I first moved here I was determined not to run off and find the nearest Brits for security but for various reasons, I've had a bit of a change of heart! I don't even get my dose of British from my hubby as he's an American. I know most of the Brits tend to be coming over to Silicon Valley but anyone further up? I'm also not opposed to driving all over to meet friendly people but it would also be nice to meet some near-ish neighbours.
Old Apr 22nd 2018, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

andrewdavidbarratt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brits in the East Bay/North Bay

Hi Emma. You are not alone. There are Brits who live in the North Bay. I live on the Vallejo/Napa border. I have been here 10 years and I totally get where you are coming from. I enjoy living here, but also do miss being around Brits. I keep a lot of British traditions alive and am trying to make sure my little ones feel British too! What you missing most about home?
Old Oct 30th 2018, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Jenny1932 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Emma,

I like you was so determined to dive right into the American culture but I would love to find some Brits too. I just moved to the US with my Kiwi/American husband so I know how you feel about not receiving a dose of British from day to day. Where about in the East Bay are you based? i'm near Livermore but I tend to travel towards the city quite often if you fancy a cuppa!

All the best
Jenny
Old Oct 30th 2018, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

andrewdavidbarratt is an unknown quantity at this point

I have gone through phases over my ten years here. When I first got here like you said I threw myself into American culture. After a few years though it really hit me how much I missed home. Since having children a few years back I have loved incorporating British traditions at home but with my own personal twist. I would say I finally feel I have the right balance now.
Old Dec 30th 2019, 2:13 am
Just Joined

pepekwa is an unknown quantity at this point

Londoner in Elk Grove/Sacramento not quite East bay! Been here 16 years, Also going thru missing home symptoms, would love to discuss the likes of only fools and horses and what to say when for the 750th time someone wants to ask you about your accent.