Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Brits in Charleston SC

Brits in Charleston SC

Old Jan 18th 2012, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

lnd1 will become famous soon enoughlnd1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Brits in Charleston SC

Hi Kim, We would love to meet you and your husband and friends. I am going to try and organise a get together for the beginning of February and will post something on the forum this week. So just keep checking back to see what's going on.

The more the merrier.

Cheers

Laura

Originally Posted by Englishtart2
Hubby is deployed and I am travelling right now, but should be back in N.Chas' by early May. We would be interested in a meet-up of Brits too, so will keep an eye on this thread

Also know a couple of other Brits we have dinner/drinks with, that live on Johns Island, so will bring them along too.
huggs Kim x
Old Jan 18th 2012, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Hi, that’s impressive stuff doing the Cooper River Bridge 10K Run. Good Luck with that! Thanks for the invite, if we are in town we definitely will come and join you and your friends. Cheers Laura

Originally Posted by Orangepants
Some friends and I are coming down the weekend of March 31 to Charleston to do the Cooper River Bridge 10K Run. Wont be much of a night Friday as we will be carb-loading but Saturday night promises to be a night to remember. If you are in town that night - come join us.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

My OH is in Mt Pleasant/Daniel Island just now for work. He comes back on Friday. He likes rollerblading and took his blades for this trip. He is enjoying his time down there and thinks me and the kids will like it too. Just got to work out the logistics of it all and find somewhere in our budget to live! Be good to meet some fellow Expats when we get down there. We have made friends with a fab group of Brits here and will be sad to go, but looking forward to meeting new people and new experiences in SC.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 12:09 am
Just Joined

Hey Sarah, It must be hard at times being away from your OH. We both enjoy roller blading too. When I lived in Vienna, Austria there was a large park especially for roller bladers that I used to go to.

I know what it’s like trying to plan everything out, as I was in a long distance relationship with my husband. He was living in MN and I was living in Austria. That was hard but we got through it!

The cost of living in Charleston can be quite pricey, it depends what you’re looking for property wise and whether you want to be down town or in a subdivision such as Mount Pleasant or on one of the islands.

We’re going through the Green Card application at the moment, what a stressful process. Hoping that everything will go through without any problems fingers crossed!

Would be happy to show you both around Charleston once you are settled.
Good Luck with the move.

Look forward to meeting you all when you move to SC.

Laura

Originally Posted by SarahG
My OH is in Mt Pleasant/Daniel Island just now for work. He comes back on Friday. He likes rollerblading and took his blades for this trip. He is enjoying his time down there and thinks me and the kids will like it too. Just got to work out the logistics of it all and find somewhere in our budget to live! Be good to meet some fellow Expats when we get down there. We have made friends with a fab group of Brits here and will be sad to go, but looking forward to meeting new people and new experiences in SC.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 12:37 am
Just Joined

Hi Folks,

Would anyone be interested in meeting up on Saturday 4th February for meal/drinks at the Irish Pub called Madra Rua in North Charleston? See link: http://madraruapub.com/

Around 7:30pm

My mobile number should you need it is: 843 901 5580

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Laura :-)
Old Jan 19th 2012, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Mount Pleasant is a great place to be if you have school age kids, the schools there are among the best in the State. Pricey as far as housing goes though and the Dorchester school district 2 has good schools too, Summerville is in their catchment area and is a good living area and a lot cheaper. I allways advise people moving to try and find a nice rental for the first year, it will give you chance to get to know the areas better and decide where you want to purchase. We rented in Mt.P. because our Son was going into his senior year and we knew we didn't want to live there after he finished school. We moved into a rental in North Charleston, almost half the price and it's a nice quiet neighborhood. N.Chas' has a pretty bad reputation for the most part, but if you look North of the base (charleston afb) there are some nicer parts.
Good luck with your move, if you need any help with anything, just holler
huggs Kim x
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

Hi All,

I still intend to organise the below get together. Unfortunately, I need to change the date from Saturday 4th February to Saturday 18th February.

Sorry about that.

Thanks

Laura

Originally Posted by lnd1
Hi Folks,

Would anyone be interested in meeting up on Saturday 4th February for meal/drinks at the Irish Pub called Madra Rua in North Charleston? See link: http://madraruapub.com/

Around 7:30pm

My mobile number should you need it is: 843 901 5580

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Old Jan 31st 2012, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

newadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We are also moving from the UK to Charleston on 1st April - my hubbie and I and our 3 kids (5,7,10) for work. Flights booked and visa sorted now just attempting to find somewhere to rent in Mount Pleasant. Would be interested in meeting up when we descend.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Brits in Charleston SC

Hi, We would love to meet up with you, your hubbie and kids when you have settled in Mount Pleasant. We live in 'Montclair', which is a gated community opposite the 'Town Centre' shopping centre. Mount Pleasant is mainly made up of gated communities. There, are also other gated communities such as 'Crickentree' you could try. Here are the links: http://montclairpoa.com/ and http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartm...kentree/14144/. Good luck with the apartment search.

Originally Posted by newadventure

Hi, We are also moving from the UK to Charleston on 1st April - my hubbie and I and our 3 kids (5,7,10) for work. Flights booked and visa sorted now just attempting to find somewhere to rent in Mount Pleasant. Would be interested in meeting up when we descend.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

We have decided to move to MP sooner than expected. We found a townhouse that we are going to rent for a while. It is cheap and cheerful and will do until we either find somewhere else or get our GC and are in a position to buy. We are planning on moving down the last weekend in February. So much for it being the middle or end of March!
Old Jan 31st 2012, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Congrats on finding a town house in Mount P. Where in MP is it? Let me know when your settled. Would love to get together with another fellow Brit! I miss the accent and all kinds of things. I have a meal planned for the group on Sat 18th Feb you should come along?

We have decided to move to MP sooner than expected. We found a townhouse that we are going to rent for a while. It is cheap and cheerful and will do until we either find somewhere else or get our GC and are in a position to buy. We are planning on moving down the last weekend in February. So much for it being the middle or end of March!
Old Jan 31st 2012, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lnd1
Congrats on finding a town house in Mount P. Where in MP is it? Let me know when your settled. Would love to get together with another fellow Brit! I miss the accent and all kinds of things. I have a meal planned for the group on Sat 18th Feb you should come along?
All being well, we should be in MP by 25/26 Feb. We are moving into a townhouse near MP town center, close to Mathis Ferry Rd.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Hi Folks,

I have added the meet up at 'Madra Rua' on the 18th Feb to the 'Meet Ups' calendar.

Cheers

Old Jan 31st 2012, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Brits in Charleston SC

Hi Sarah, Mathis Ferry is not far from where we live. I will make sure that there is an event organised with the BE for sometime in March.

NB. If anyone has suggestions for another meet up after the 18th Feb, then please post it on the forum.

All being well, we should be in MP by 25/26 Feb. We are moving into a townhouse near MP town center, close to Mathis Ferry Rd.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

LDN2CHS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

I'm visiting Charleston from the 20th of March to the 25th of April - my girlfriend lives on James Island, and I'll be seeing her and 'working from home'.

I'd love to meet up with some Brits in the area to have a chat about life in South Carolina. I've a view to move to Charleston in the next 12-18 months and would love to know a little more!

I work in software Sales & Marketing, and it would be great to meet similar professionals! I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to sales in America.

Similarly, let me know if there is anything I can bring over for you! From Yorkshire tea to actual Cadburys!

Luke

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.