Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Brits in Charleston SC

Brits in Charleston SC

Old Nov 16th 2012, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brits in Charleston SC

I have met up with a couple people in Mount Pleasant/Charleston area. I arranged 1 meet up (8 people came to that) and have met a couple times since, arranged through FB.

Would be interested in meeting up with more people.

Going to the Christmas lights switch on in Mount Pleasant with my OH and kids tomorrow and then going to Indiana for Thanksgiving.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Englynda is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just found this site and wondered if anyone from England was still meeting up as the messages are from last year. I would love to get together with other from the UK.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englynda
I have just found this site and wondered if anyone from England was still meeting up as the messages are from last year. I would love to get together with other from the UK.
I have met up with a few Expats in the Charleston/Summerville/Mount Pleasant area. I arranged one meet up that we all went to and then we have arranged get togethers on FB since then as I didn't get much of a response on here.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Englynda is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, Maybe I will take a look on FB. Thank you.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Englynda
Ok, Maybe I will take a look on FB. Thank you.
Are you in Charleston? I'm in Mt Pleasant. When I say we arrange it on FB I mean I became friends on FB with the people I met up with and we contact each other through that. If you want to meet up with some others in the area I'm sure they'd be up for it. How long have you lived here?
Old May 1st 2013, 5:12 am
Devourer of Books

Pegster is an unknown quantity at this point

Is anyone in the area interested in playing football? My husband is desperate for a regular match (he needs the exercise!), but hasn't really found anything in the Summerville area.
Old May 1st 2013, 3:36 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pegster
Is anyone in the area interested in playing football? My husband is desperate for a regular match (he needs the exercise!), but hasn't really found anything in the Summerville area.
Try out for the Battery?
Old May 3rd 2013, 3:51 am
Just Joined

Brendan_SC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pegster
Why not get him to come out an play some hurling. We have built up a good group with guys from all over Charleston/Summerville area. A few expats from Ireland and England on the team, and a great social outlet for us all.

In fact, we have a tournament this Saturday that you are all welcome to come at watch. Full details of the club and the tournament are here:

Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/529064017139700/
Club: http://www.charlestonhurling.com/

What say you?
Old May 3rd 2013, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Married2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond repute

Spoccer.com usually list weekly "pick up" games of soccer for adults. My husband does that when he has a second to catch his breath; he works 2 jobs so he's usually busy 7 days a week.
Old May 4th 2013, 5:21 am
Devourer of Books

Pegster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brendan_SC
Why not get him to come out an play some hurling...What say you?
I believe that he tried hurley when he was in school - they made him goalie and for some reason, he's been rather shy of the game ever since! I will see if he wouldn't mind going to watch, though, for the social aspect at least!

Married2abrit, what was the web address again please? Spoccer.com didn't work (and soccer.com was a sport shop.)
Old May 4th 2013, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Married2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond repute

I have just known it as s p o c c e r.com. If it is still around, check in the weekly free paper called the City Paper, usually found outside of restaurants and shops. It will be on the "local activities/organizations" page. HTH.