Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Brits in Charleston SC

Brits in Charleston SC

Old Jun 22nd 2012, 10:43 pm
Devourer of Books

Pegster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brits in Charleston SC

Hiyas! Any meet ups happening? We've been over here for a year now, and I'm desperately trying to get my husband to be more social! I figure he might prefer meeting up with y'all than with the 'good ol' boys' that I grew up with!
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pegster
Hiyas! Any meet ups happening? We've been over here for a year now, and I'm desperately trying to get my husband to be more social! I figure he might prefer meeting up with y'all than with the 'good ol' boys' that I grew up with!
Once I know what my in-laws have planned for their visit with us and when they can babysit for us, I'm going to try to sort something out. (They arrived late last night)

I'm thinking either Friday June 29 or Friday July 6th.

Which date is good for everyone?
Old Jun 25th 2012, 3:21 pm
Devourer of Books

Either date would be good for us.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

ElyStandard is an unknown quantity at this point

I can do either night
Old Jun 26th 2012, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I'm going to ask my in-laws to watch the kids on Friday July 6th. I'm thinking meeting at about 7.30pm would be a good time. If anyone can suggest a place in Mount Pleasant then fine, otherwise I'll try to find a suitable location.

So far there would be me, my OH, a Brit I have met here whose from Newcastle and most likely her US husband, ElyStandard, Pegster. Anyone else?

Old Jun 26th 2012, 3:40 pm
Devourer of Books

I'm going to drag the husband along (probably against protests). I'd be really grateful if we could go to a place that has burgers/steaks - I have a picky husband
Old Jul 1st 2012, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Brendan_SC is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately, we will be out of town next weekend, so we won't be able to attend.
A few places in Mount Pleasant that I could suggest:

Triangle Char & Bar - nice indoor and outdoor areas. Good atmosphere, but not too noisy so you will be able to chat. Food is casual, but nice. large drinks selection.
Reds Ice House - nice setting on Shem Creek. very casual. food is not great though, in my opinion
Basil - really nice Thai restaurant. happy hour til 7 has some good deals. nice outside area upstairs. more of a formal restaurant than a bar. good for dinner.

Enjoy
Old Jul 1st 2012, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Married2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond repute

There's a Triangle Char and Bar in Mt. Pleasant? The only one I know of is in the Avondale area of West Ashley-- a completely separate section of Charleston. Have fun wherever you decide to go!
Old Jul 1st 2012, 8:47 pm
Devourer of Books

We're in Summerville, so either West Ashley or Mount Pleasant is fine - I wouldn't say no to North Charleston though!
Old Jul 1st 2012, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Brendan_SC
Unfortunately, we will be out of town next weekend, so we won't be able to attend.
A few places in Mount Pleasant that I could suggest:

Triangle Char & Bar - nice indoor and outdoor areas. Good atmosphere, but not too noisy so you will be able to chat. Food is casual, but nice. large drinks selection.
Reds Ice House - nice setting on Shem Creek. very casual. food is not great though, in my opinion
Basil - really nice Thai restaurant. happy hour til 7 has some good deals. nice outside area upstairs. more of a formal restaurant than a bar. good for dinner.

Enjoy
Triangle Char & Bar sounds good, I'd never heard of it before. I have been to Reds Ice House on Shem Creek recently and it was really loud and very busy. I circled the car park for 10 minutes looking for a space!

Shall we say Triangle Char & Bar at 7.30pm on Friday July 6 in Mount Pleasant (1440 Ben Sawyer Blvd.
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464)? Is that good with everyone? We could always make it a regular occurence and go to places around MP and Charleston.

Last edited by SarahG; Jul 1st 2012 at 11:04 pm. Reason: Added address for location
Old Jul 1st 2012, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

West Ashley or Mt P?
Old Jul 1st 2012, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ElyStandard
West Ashley or Mt P?
Sorry, Mt P.

1440 Ben Sawyer Blvd.
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
Old Jul 1st 2012, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

Sounds good! May bring the other half along, too.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

Brendan_SC is an unknown quantity at this point

Sarah G, I know what you are talking about with the carpark in Reds. It is in desperate need of repaving - either that or you need to bring an army tank to drive through the potholes.
Triangle in Mount P. is not as noisy as Reds, so i think that would definitely be a better option.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

JenZ01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello! My husband and I just moved to Summerville in December and he is from England. We have been talking lately about how nice it would be for him to find some other Brits to hang out with and I just came across this forum now...and I'm pretty excited about it ;-)

What does he need to do to join, and do you ever meet-up in Summerville?

Our close friends also moved here in December and they are from England as well (I am the lonely Canadian outsider!) I am sure they would be interested in meeting other brits as well. Any chance for a meet-up this month at Accent on Wine in downtown Summerville?

Jen Z

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.