British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Meet-ups (https://britishexpats.com/forum/meet-ups-112/)
-   -   Brits in Central NJ/Jersey Shore (https://britishexpats.com/forum/meet-ups-112/brits-central-nj-jersey-shore-922962/)

Sinyor19 Mar 6th 2019 3:29 pm

Brits in Central NJ/Jersey Shore

Trying this again a year later..

Any brits around the CNJ/Shore area?

Sarren Jun 12th 2019 8:43 pm

Re: Brits in Central NJ/Jersey Shore

Moved here in Oct 2018, and a lot of very useful information on this site. We live in Basking Ridge in central NJ and have met some other Brits in the Somerset County area.

Where are you based?

Jerseygirl Jun 12th 2019 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Sarren (Post 12697234)
Moved here in Oct 2018, and a lot of very useful information on this site. We live in Basking Ridge in central NJ and have met some other Brits in the Somerset County area.

Where are you based?

I no longer live in NJ, but lived in Mendham for many years, until end of 2013. Just wanted to say hi. :wave:

Sarren Jun 13th 2019 3:15 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12697241)
I no longer live in NJ, but lived in Mendham for many years, until end of 2013. Just wanted to say hi. :wave:

I read many of your posts before we moved :) Mendham was also on our shortlist of places to live!

Dundee Wolf Jun 13th 2019 11:34 am

Hi, GF and me are relocating from Dundee to Central Jersey in a few weeks, crazy times, but very excited!

Sarren Jun 13th 2019 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Dundee Wolf (Post 12697515)
Hi, GF and me are relocating from Dundee to Central Jersey in a few weeks, crazy times, but very excited!

Do you know which town you’ll be moving to? Do let me know if I can help in any way :)

Dundee Wolf Jun 13th 2019 1:25 pm

thanks!

we are stopping in a hotel in Bridgewater at first but then we will be looking for apartments close by, we're working in Piscataway so not too bad of a commute hopefully,

We have briefly looked in Metuchen, Westfield and Summit, the latter two seemed quite pricey though, if you have any recommendations that would be great

Sarren Jun 14th 2019 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Dundee Wolf (Post 12697569)
thanks!

we are stopping in a hotel in Bridgewater at first but then we will be looking for apartments close by, we're working in Piscataway so not too bad of a commute hopefully,

We have briefly looked in Metuchen, Westfield and Summit, the latter two seemed quite pricey though, if you have any recommendations that would be great

I work in the Bridgewater / Somerville area!

I don't know those areas well, but had looked at Summit as an option. It's a popular place for expats, but as you've found Westfield and Summit aren't the cheapest as they are on train lines into NYC, so a lot of commuters live there. We found Madison and Chatham to be similar. If you don't need direct train line access to NYC, then "non-commuter" towns will be cheaper

Chins Jul 31st 2019 12:35 am

We are living just southof Flemington.

jsuttie001 Dec 4th 2019 12:17 pm

We’re in Princeton - moved from CA a year ago after 5 yrs there, liking the east coast and shorter flight home to uk!