Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Southern California?

Anyone in Southern California?

Old Apr 26th 2011, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Katadina is a glorious beacon of lightKatadina is a glorious beacon of lightKatadina is a glorious beacon of lightKatadina is a glorious beacon of lightKatadina is a glorious beacon of lightKatadina is a glorious beacon of lightKatadina is a glorious beacon of lightKatadina is a glorious beacon of lightKatadina is a glorious beacon of lightKatadina is a glorious beacon of lightKatadina is a glorious beacon of light
Default Anyone in Southern California?

I have my heart in two places. Any expats on so cal?

Kath
Old May 2nd 2011, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone in Southern California?

North San Diego County.
Old May 2nd 2011, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Katadina is a glorious beacon of lightKatadina is a glorious beacon of lightKatadina is a glorious beacon of lightKatadina is a glorious beacon of lightKatadina is a glorious beacon of lightKatadina is a glorious beacon of lightKatadina is a glorious beacon of lightKatadina is a glorious beacon of lightKatadina is a glorious beacon of lightKatadina is a glorious beacon of lightKatadina is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Englishman43
North San Diego County.
HI, thanks for posting.

How long have u been here?

Were up in OC now, Tustin/ Irvine area. We love carlsbad, lived in Oceanside many years ago and Point Loma too.

We started a So Cal British Expats group. There is one in LA and I think one down in SD but nothing in the middle.

Here is our page if you wanna check it out: Come down for a meal
http://www.meetup.com/The-Southern-C...-Meetup-Group/

Kath
Old May 2nd 2011, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Katadina
HI, thanks for posting.

How long have u been here?

Were up in OC now, Tustin/ Irvine area. We love carlsbad, lived in Oceanside many years ago and Point Loma too.

We started a So Cal British Expats group. There is one in LA and I think one down in SD but nothing in the middle.

Here is our page if you wanna check it out: Come down for a meal
http://www.meetup.com/The-Southern-C...-Meetup-Group/

Kath
I've been here 13 years now.

Yes there is a big group in LA and San Diego but I'm in a bit of a no mans land here although I'll hit up the Irish pub on Grand for a chat with the Irish lassies and a beer once in a while.

If I can get my arse in gear I'll come up when you have a do at a weekend. What are you doing in Tustin ? Wife used to work and live there before we met.
Old May 2nd 2011, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

I've been here 13 years now.

Yes there is a big group in LA and San Diego but I'm in a bit of a no mans land here although I'll hit up the Irish pub on Grand for a chat with the Irish lassies and a beer once in a while.

If I can get my arse in gear I'll come up when you have a do at a weekend. What are you doing in Tustin ? Wife used to work and live there before we met.
Well your "no mans land" is a little piece of heaven LOL. I love Carlsbad. We sometimes go down for the day to get away.

I am the American. Hubby is from Crawley. We met here in So Cal 25 years ago in June! We have lived in Philly, then West Sussex in 2007 and then home end of 2007. Only lasted 8 months.

Tustin had good schools (we had one last child one at home) and was far enough from my family to give us some peace LOL

Its a cute little community, quiet here. Where did your wife work?

Are you Sean who just joined the expats?

We have a great event on May 14th at Muldoons in Newport Beach. You should come down for it, bring the wife

Also if you have any ideas for events let me know.
I can create an event around your ideas and see how many would like a day in Carlsbad

Cheers,

Kath
Old May 3rd 2011, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Katadina
Well your "no mans land" is a little piece of heaven LOL. I love Carlsbad. We sometimes go down for the day to get away.

I am the American. Hubby is from Crawley. We met here in So Cal 25 years ago in June! We have lived in Philly, then West Sussex in 2007 and then home end of 2007. Only lasted 8 months.

Tustin had good schools (we had one last child one at home) and was far enough from my family to give us some peace LOL

Its a cute little community, quiet here. Where did your wife work?

Are you Sean who just joined the expats?

We have a great event on May 14th at Muldoons in Newport Beach. You should come down for it, bring the wife

Also if you have any ideas for events let me know.
I can create an event around your ideas and see how many would like a day in Carlsbad

Cheers,

Kath
Kath

Yeah that's me ! I lived in Horsham for a year, I really liked it actually. She worked for a company called "Fabrica" which was up in Santa Ana

I'll have look out for any events and what not down this way that might appeal and let you know and if you guys do drop down for a day let me know and we'll get a beer.
Old May 3rd 2011, 5:44 am
Just Joined

Kath

Yeah that's me ! I lived in Horsham for a year, I really liked it actually. She worked for a company called "Fabrica" which was up in Santa Ana

I'll have look out for any events and what not down this way that might appeal and let you know and if you guys do drop down for a day let me know and we'll get a beer.
I loved Horsham! Hubby surprised me with a trip to Horsham in 86 and bought my engagement ring there

Oh i have heard of Fabrica.

Sounds good, ill let you know next time we are down your way
Old Jun 7th 2011, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

beachcat730 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are on Facebook, there is a Brits in OC group there. We live in Playa del Rey and drive down to their barbecues. My husband is from Birmingham, UK.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 5:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by beachcat730
If you are on Facebook, there is a Brits in OC group there. We live in Playa del Rey and drive down to their barbecues. My husband is from Birmingham, UK.
Thanks for letting me know!
I just found them and have sent through a request to join.
I would love to offer this group up as a resource for our Southern California British Expats group.

Im the American too, my hubby is from the south east of England, down in Sussex area. Nice meeting you