British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Meet-ups (https://britishexpats.com/forum/meet-ups-112/)
-   -   Any Northern Irish People in the Davenport, FL Region (https://britishexpats.com/forum/meet-ups-112/any-northern-irish-people-davenport-fl-region-862752/)

KK Norn Iron Aug 1st 2015 12:27 am

Any Northern Irish People in the Davenport, FL Region

Hello Fellow Expats.

Any Northern Irish or Belfast people around the Davenport / Orlando area in Florida?

New to the website and posting messages but would be interested in writing and getting to know other fellow country men / women in the area for friendship and camaraderie.

Missing the banter and craic from home. Have lived in the central Florida region for over 11 years now.

"Craic" The word Craic in Ireland is a term for: News, Gossip, Fun, Entertainment and Enjoyable Conversation.

Jerseygirl Aug 1st 2015 1:24 am

Re: Any Northern Irish People in the Davenport, FL Region

Hi and welcome to BE.

How long have you lived in the Sunshine Sate?

We don't you join us over I'm the General US and Trailer Park forums? Look out for Sultan Of Swing...he's from NI but he lives in the Chicago area.

USA - British Expats

KK Norn Iron Aug 1st 2015 3:21 am

Thanks for the reply Jerseygirl.

Lived in the United States for 11 years now. Still exploring the other forums on the website. I've a lot of reading to do to catch up on everything.

Have worked with several couples from the Yorkshire area in the central Florida region. Great bunch of people.

indigogirl1976 Aug 2nd 2015 2:33 am

I'm from Belfast (dunmurry)....still a wee bit away from you....I'm in the Clearwater area. Been here 5 years now. I met some Belfast people locally here through the Facebook group north and west Belfast historical photographical society....there are tons of ex Norn Iron people in there and some great Craic of an evening :-)

KK Norn Iron Aug 3rd 2015 6:51 pm

Thanks indigogirl1976 for the reply,

I understand what you mean. Clearwater is over 86+ miles away from here.

Not on Facebook at the present time to check their page... would you happen to have a contact number for them or a web link?

Thanks again for the information.

KK Norn Iron.

indigogirl1976 Aug 5th 2015 7:20 pm

I'm afraid I don't. They exist soley on Facebook. If you ever sign up it is well worth liking their page. Basically every night they post photos of Belfast from the Victorian period right up to modern day and everyone comments. On certain nights members post old photos. Its great craic :-)

benn5325 Sep 18th 2015 3:52 pm

I have a friend from Ballymoney that spends a lot of time in Davenport. usually spends his afternoons in Sunday's

KK Norn Iron Sep 29th 2015 11:14 am

Thanks benn5325 for the message.My wife and I have at eaten at that restaurant several times. They get a lot of tourist traffic as close to Disney attractions and all the holiday rentals just of Highway US 27.British Restaurant.... so good for all the foods you can't get here in central Florida.