Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Any brits in west palm beach,fl?

Any brits in west palm beach,fl?

Old Dec 4th 2010, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

sassys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any brits in west palm beach,fl?

Hi my name is Sarah,I moved here with my husband about 2 months ago for his job.
Its a lovely place to live and lots to do but its hard when you don't have any friends to do any of these things with and i'm finding it difficult to meet people! My husband works a lot so i do get lonely. I have looked into doing some voluntary work which i think will be a good way to meet people and keep me busy! Is there any one else here that is in the same situation? Be great to hear from you

Sarah
Old Dec 8th 2010, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

karenaviva has much to be proud ofkarenaviva has much to be proud ofkarenaviva has much to be proud ofkarenaviva has much to be proud ofkarenaviva has much to be proud ofkarenaviva has much to be proud ofkarenaviva has much to be proud ofkarenaviva has much to be proud ofkarenaviva has much to be proud ofkarenaviva has much to be proud ofkarenaviva has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any brits in west palm beach,fl?

My brand new husband will be in West Palm Beach giving an auction at the Convention Center this weekend (Saturday, all day). He is tall & bald -- is from Middlesbrough. He might not be the "sort" yuo are looking for but he'd LOVE to go to your "local" after the auction for a pint!
Old Mar 8th 2011, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

margaretmwilson will become famous soon enough

Hey Sarah, just joined this forum. We moved to Jensen Beach in October 2009, not too far from WPB. I too came here with my husband's work so I can't work either, so I too get lonely. Don't know if you ever get over this way but if you want to chat you could send me a PM and we could perhaps get together. I don't have my own car so it's difficult for me to get around and it's a bit far to WPB on my bicycle!!! I too have been thinking of voluntary work and have registered with the Martin County Volunteers but haven't had any luck just yet. I am from the North East of England (Newcastle upon Tyne). Would love to hear from you.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

pbtouch is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sara, my name is Ron. I am with Palm Beach Touch Rugby Club. If you and/or your husband are interested, we have several expats on our club. Brits, Aussies. We are a very social group but get together to play twice a week.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Twigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud of

There is also a website called meetup.com When I lived in Florida I joined several Ladies groups where we shared the same interest and would go to the mall, have a manicure, see the lates movie have lunch etc etc. When I moved to Texas I got straight on there again and have a great circle of friends to hang out with...
Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Agapanthus is an unknown quantity at this point

I moved to West Palm Beach about 1 month ago, and feel the same way, Sarah.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 1:04 am
Just Joined

britboy007 is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in South Florida and have been thinking about joining the British Consulate here to do volunteer work. I have lived and worked here for almost 30 years but I do understand the feelings of loneliness when your partner or spouse works. If you want to find out more about the volunteer work you can Google for info. I think it would be a good way to meet other Brits. Drop me a line if you need any help. I've been here a long time now but the way of life can be a challenge in the beginning.