Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Virginia???

Any Brits in Virginia???

Old Apr 27th 2012, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Brits in Virginia???

Hi Liam

YEAH for more Norn Iron accents in the Hampton Roads area! I still haven't come across any so definitely up for meeting and/or forming a group. It would be good to speak to folks who understand both the accent and the sense of humour!!!

Mandy
Old Apr 27th 2012, 2:23 am
Just Joined

unaclancy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MandyNi
Hi Liam

YEAH for more Norn Iron accents in the Hampton Roads area! I still haven't come across any so definitely up for meeting and/or forming a group. It would be good to speak to folks who understand both the accent and the sense of humour!!!

Mandy
Hi Mandy we are currently in Texas. Hoping to visit in June to look for somewhere to live. Maybe we can meet up?
Old Apr 27th 2012, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Pinky29 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just relocated to Smithfield - would love to meet up with anyone in the area if interested!
Old Apr 28th 2012, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

I should be around in June, I work M/T/W and volunteer on Thursday am's but definitely up for meeting up with folks.

Just pm me with contact information and we can make it happen!

Mandy
Old May 3rd 2012, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

princemuggin is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Any Brits in Virginia???

Hi everyone! Just came across this thread. I'm moving to Midlothian (just outside of Richmond) next month. I spent a year in Charlottesville at UVa and my wife and her family come from Chesapeake/Norfolk area (or as they call it, the 757 area!). Been going back and forth for the last few years but now actually moving! Figured I would say hello to everyone and show there will be another Brit in Va!
Old May 16th 2012, 1:48 am
Just Joined

amiuktousa11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, I recently moved to Fairfax County in Virginia from Edinburgh (Scotland) back in December 2011.

I am having a hard time finding friends because of my busy work and school schedule.

Now being 20years old means I should be out with friends for lunch/coffee/shopping etc but, so far I have only made 2-3 friends that I see on a weekly basis.

Are there any Brits staying nearby me?

Thanks!
Old May 16th 2012, 11:38 am
Kind Help Plz. Not Linx.

clemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really niceclemato is just really nice
Smile Re: Any Brits in Virginia???

Hi there. My hubby is a Geordie from the Newcastle 'burbs. We live outside of Winchester & work in Herndon right next to Dulles Airport. So we are in the Fairfax area all week long. Might be fun to meet up with anyone in the area. I know he would love to talk to a fellow countryman.

Amazing to realize that he will have lived here for 1 entire year this May 26. Time flies! It is wonderful.

But, to address Ami, we are both mid-30s so you might not want to meet 2 "old" farts. LOL
Old May 16th 2012, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

MLSNut is an unknown quantity at this point

A geordie? Does he frequent lucky's irish bar to watch the Newcastle games by chance?
Old May 17th 2012, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Peaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nicePeaksy is just really nice

Arlington based here..
Old May 17th 2012, 7:46 pm
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MLSNut
A geordie? Does he frequent lucky's irish bar to watch the Newcastle games by chance?
I've not been there yet. So far I'm coping with toon games on cable here and online.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 1:46 am
Just Joined

OVMum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya....Norfolk, VA....would love to meet other Brits in this area....
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:19 am
Just Joined

FernandoTheAmerican is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all, as you can tell from my username I'm from here but I've always wanted to meet people from the UK. I think British people rock! I'm from Brooklyn New York, currently residing in the Northern Virginia area and I work at Dulles International Airport. Please feel free to send me a message and hit me up!