Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Seattle lonely

Any Brits in Seattle lonely

Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:11 am
Just Joined

emma4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Any Brits in Seattle lonely

Hi all,
I just joined as I am looking to find some Brits in Seattle. I am close to downtown and have been here 4 years now. I am married to an American guy but it has not been going well for a while and I would really like to meet other people that are new here, homesick or have had their marriage not work out. I am in my early 30's and feel very isolated here even though I have American friends. Getting a divorce seems like a huge hurdle when you feel so alone and homesick.
Are there any other people that have gone/or going through this that would like to chat?
Thanks, Emma
Old Aug 8th 2011, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

keaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any Brits in Seattle lonely

It's always at tough times when it hits home how far away we are from everything "familiar/cosy and desirable". I have found I have had many difficult times, like you, and it is on those occasions I feel like running to the nearest airport! Hang in there, good luck, hope you meet some young people to help you through this. I'm 55, live about 2 hours from you, but in the same state at least.
I will send you a PM and hope you find some help from others here. i'm sure you will.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 6:09 am
Just Joined

emma4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Brits in Seattle lonely

Thanks so much for the reply, I am trying to check your pm but it will not open right now, I think because I am so new.Hopefully it will allow access in a day or two. Hope things are well in your world for now.