Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in the San Francisco Bay Area?

Any Brits in the San Francisco Bay Area?

Old Jul 24th 2013, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

AnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any Brits in the San Francisco Bay Area?

Hi there,

I am moving to the San Francisco Bay Area at the end of September. I am reaaaally anxious about the move and would love it if I could find another Brit who has moved over from the UK to the bay area for some friendship, advice and support

I will be moving over with my husband. We are in our late twenties, no kids as of yet.

It would just be such a comfort to go over and already know some people

Annie x
Old Jul 24th 2013, 11:42 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Brits in the San Francisco Bay Area?

Originally Posted by AnnieBelle
Hi there,

I am moving to the San Francisco Bay Area at the end of September. I am reaaaally anxious about the move and would love it if I could find another Brit who has moved over from the UK to the bay area for some friendship, advice and support

I will be moving over with my husband. We are in our late twenties, no kids as of yet.

Annie x
http://www.meetup.com/brit-92/
Old Jul 31st 2013, 4:00 am
Just Joined

CD99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Annie,

In very much same position as you. Moving over with my fiancee to the Bay Area at start of Oct and also late twenties.

Would be good to get in touch but have only just joined this so not sure how to PM!

Colin
Old Aug 6th 2013, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

AnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieBelle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CD99
Hi Annie,

In very much same position as you. Moving over with my fiancee to the Bay Area at start of Oct and also late twenties.

Would be good to get in touch but have only just joined this so not sure how to PM!

Colin
Hi Colin! I PM'd you don't know if you saw it
Old Aug 7th 2013, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

SalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond repute

Annie and Colin, I'm in my mid 20s and live in San Francisco. Feel free to drop me a PM should you have any inquiries that I may be able to help you with.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 4:23 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Annie x
What part of the Bay Area are you moving to Annie? I live in Mountain View, we've lived here 3 years, after living 3 years in LA. We love it in this area, it's such a great place to live (although expensive.)

Give me a shout if you've got any questions, or need help with anything.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by N1cky
What part of the Bay Area are you moving to Annie? I live in Mountain View, we've lived here 3 years, after living 3 years in LA. We love it in this area, it's such a great place to live (although expensive.)

Give me a shout if you've got any questions, or need help with anything.
Hi Nicky, we will be starting off in Berkeley but where abouts we will end up will depend on where are jobs are I think. I really hope that we are able to get jobs quickly!

Thank you both for offering your help! I am sure I will have plenty of questions nearer the move although it is coming up quick!!! eeek!!
Old Aug 7th 2013, 9:11 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nicky, we will be starting off in Berkeley but where abouts we will end up will depend on where are jobs are I think. I really hope that we are able to get jobs quickly!

Thank you both for offering your help! I am sure I will have plenty of questions nearer the move although it is coming up quick!!! eeek!!
No jobs, are you coming across on a marriage visa then? Is your husband/fiancé from the Bay Area?

I don't know that side at all, but there are quite a few posters on here who do. If you have any questions on the Berkeley area, post in the US forum and no doubt someone will be along to answer.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by N1cky
No jobs, are you coming across on a marriage visa then? Is your husband/fiancé from the Bay Area?
Hi Nicky, Yes my husband is American but he's from Michigan so we both don't know the area at all! I am sure everything will work out though
Old Aug 9th 2013, 1:08 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nicky, Yes my husband is American but he's from Michigan so we both don't know the area at all! I am sure everything will work out though
You still need a Visa AnnieBelle to work and live here in the US but I am sure you are aware of that already!
Old Aug 9th 2013, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
You still need a Visa AnnieBelle to work and live here in the US but I am sure you are aware of that already!
Yep am aware of that thanks have that all sorted
Old Aug 21st 2013, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

Melee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all.

My soon-to-be wife and I (big day next Saturday!) will be moving to the Bay area in October. My employer is in Santa Clara with clients all over the place, so absolutely no idea where we'll be living yet! Either way, when we get there I'm sure we'd love to meet up with some other recent arrivals!

Good luck with your moves

Ben & Jemma x