British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Meet-ups (https://britishexpats.com/forum/meet-ups-112/)
-   -   Any Brits in San Antonio, TX?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/meet-ups-112/any-brits-san-antonio-tx-822156/)

FuzzyGrand Jan 19th 2014 2:38 am

Any Brits in San Antonio, TX??

Hi all,

I'm a first-time poster on this forum. Mid-30s English guy living/working in San Antonio- it would be great to meet up with other Brits in the area :)

Cheers,
FG

ScousePete Jan 27th 2014 12:42 pm

Re: Any Brits in San Antonio, TX??

I'm not much help as I don't live in SA any more, but I would always run into Brits at the Lion and Rose in Alamo Heights, especially when the footie was on.

FuzzyGrand Jan 31st 2014 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by ScousePete (Post 11098980)
I'm not much help as I don't live in SA any more, but I would always run into Brits at the Lion and Rose in Alamo Heights, especially when the footie was on.

Thanks ScousePete- luckily I don't live too far from there.

g1ant Feb 12th 2014 7:04 am

Just don't eat the food !!!!

Plymouth Girl Oct 12th 2014 7:56 pm

Hey peeps. Just guys here so far I see. Anyway, I'm Jeanna and am looking to see if any other ladies are out there in San Antonio, Tx. I've lived here for 6 years and would love to connect with some ex pats.

Kintsukuroi Oct 25th 2014 5:35 pm

I'm not in the San Antonio area but I'm a British expat living in the RGV.

Plymouth Girl Oct 25th 2014 7:11 pm

Hi there, Kintsukuroi,

Great to hear from you. Please forgive me but I'm not picking up on where RGV is. Sorry but I don't recognise the abbreviation. I don't get out much! Please clue me in.

In the meantime, hope you're having a nice weekend. The weather is beautiful here although still a little too hot for me.

Kintsukuroi Oct 25th 2014 9:14 pm

RGV=Rio Grande Valley :) I'm at the very southern tip of Texas :)

Plymouth Girl Oct 25th 2014 10:01 pm

Oh my goodness! Why didn't that thought even cross my mind? I lived in the Rio Grande Valley for the first three years of my so far 9 years in the USA. I lived in San Benito and then bought a house in Harlingen.

It's funny. I didn't appreciate the place that much when I lived there because it was such culture shock having just come from spending my whole life in England. When I relocated to San Antonio with my husband who had got a job here, I suddenly realised that small town life down there wasn't so bad after all compared with a big city.

I feel like "duh" right now!

Kintsukuroi Oct 25th 2014 11:04 pm

I live in Harlingen :) For the first 7 years I lived in the RGV I couldn't wait to leave LOL Now it feels like home :)

Plymouth Girl Oct 26th 2014 4:15 am

I'm glad for you. What brought you to the USA and where did you come from, if you don't mind me asking?