Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Rochester New York?

Any Brits in Rochester New York?

Old Oct 9th 2014, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Brits in Rochester New York?

I live in Palmyra, over in Wayne County, and work in Henrietta.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:36 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, after last visit to ROC, took a trip to the 1000 Lakes area. We stayed outside of Guanacogue. An interesting route to enter or leave Canada will be via the Cape Vincent/Wolfe Island Ferry. I understand that that ferry does not run in winter. However, the Kingston/Wolfe Island Ferry does.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CitySimon
I live in Palmyra, over in Wayne County, and work in Henrietta.
Hi CitySimon,

I work at the University currently, at the Hospital - let me know if you ever want to catch up for lunch sometime!

Hoffage
Old Oct 9th 2014, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
BTW, after last visit to ROC, took a trip to the 1000 Lakes area. We stayed outside of Guanacogue. An interesting route to enter or leave Canada will be via the Cape Vincent/Wolfe Island Ferry. I understand that that ferry does not run in winter. However, the Kingston/Wolfe Island Ferry does.
I assume you have heard of the failed 'fast-ferry' that ran briefly a few years ago here?

Hoffage
Old Oct 9th 2014, 6:52 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

1000 Islands

If is nice up there in the summer.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

lrussell is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm due to move to ROC in February next year (brr), would be great to catch up for a beer sometime. Any wise words for a new arrival?
Old Oct 9th 2014, 11:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoffage123
I assume you have heard of the failed 'fast-ferry' that ran briefly a few years ago here?

Hoffage
The one from Rochester to Toronto? Time and time again we've said how useful that ferry would have been to us.
Old Oct 10th 2014, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi CitySimon,

I work at the University currently, at the Hospital - let me know if you ever want to catch up for lunch sometime!

Hoffage
Sure, that works. I work down on Jefferson Ave, about five minutes from Marketplace.

Originally Posted by lrussell
I'm due to move to ROC in February next year (brr), would be great to catch up for a beer sometime. Any wise words for a new arrival?
Welcome... February is a tough time to drop into the area. A few welcome beers sounds good!
Old Oct 10th 2014, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Thanks CitySimon, yeah people keep saying that...I'm starting to feel worried. I'm moving to Rochester from London where we don't really have "weather" as such. The wife tells me it will all be fine though, she is from there originally.
Old Oct 10th 2014, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Don't believe her! :P

I came at the tail end of March this year, and the 'weather' was just receding then ...

If you want to hang out when you get here, send us a message

Hoffage
Old Oct 10th 2014, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Hoffage, much appreciated! Will definitely be in touch once I get settled . I've been to Rochester a few times (in the summer!) but I don't know many folks there aside from the wife's family. We're moving with our toddler to be closer to her family.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Last winter was the freak... I've been here for eleven winters now, and last winter was the worst by a long way. As long as you can handle the occasional dumping of two foot of lake effect snow and sustained 0F temperatures for a couple of months, you'll be fine.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

StephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud of

Nice to see some activity in this thread! I got stuck in the "Snowpocalypse" in Buffalo upon returning from the UK in November. I had to stay in a hotel for 2 nights! Our car got stuck in the snow for 2 and a half hours and a kind gentleman towed us out of it.
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

benblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nice

Hi CitySimon,

Hoffage
We should catch up in the New Year, chief. I'm back at work Monday, a couple of miles from you.
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

benblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nicebenblaney is just really nice

Originally Posted by lrussell
Thanks Hoffage, much appreciated! Will definitely be in touch once I get settled . I've been to Rochester a few times (in the summer!) but I don't know many folks there aside from the wife's family. We're moving with our toddler to be closer to her family.
We have toddlers (3 and a half - does that still count as "toddler"?), so if you want to get together for a Playdate, let me know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.