Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Plano, Texas?

Any Brits in Plano, Texas?

Old May 4th 2009, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

staralfur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Brits in Plano, Texas?

Originally Posted by rebs
You're dead right about plenty of Brits around - one of our neighbours who had children at the same school as my son is British. We generally find that as soon as we start talking to each other when we are out, people strike up conversations with us - we actually bumped into a guy the other day who had worked with my brother in law in the UK!
I used to live in Denton! Now in Shreveport, LA. Loved that area, though.
Old May 29th 2009, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

I am not a Brit, but we have a home in McKinney,Dallas area. We spend the month of July there..a welcome break from the expat life in Qatar.
Neither I (German)nor my husband (from New York) are there enough to develop friendships.....so is anybody in the area up to a meet and/or bbq?

XXXX Alexa
Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Jmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud ofJmaster911 has much to be proud of

My wife and I (I'm the Brit) lived in Plano for a year or so after we arrived. We are now in Flower Mound, let us know if you want to meet up one weekend
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Fairy Tales is a jewel in the roughFairy Tales is a jewel in the roughFairy Tales is a jewel in the roughFairy Tales is a jewel in the roughFairy Tales is a jewel in the rough

I am in Plano. Not british but in Plano. Have been here for a year and loving it.
Driving is easy and so was the test. Would love to meet up with other folks from here.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairy Tales
I am in Plano. Not british but in Plano. Have been here for a year and loving it.
Driving is easy and so was the test. Would love to meet up with other folks from here.
I'm in McKinney, right next door so to speak....will be there in july...is it ok if I send you a pm when I am there?
Old Jun 7th 2009, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

Fairy Tales is a jewel in the roughFairy Tales is a jewel in the roughFairy Tales is a jewel in the roughFairy Tales is a jewel in the roughFairy Tales is a jewel in the rough

Sure.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

PaulLight is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I've been living in Plano since March 2009.

I left Kent in June 2006, came to Plano for 5 months, lived in Mexico for 2 and a half years and now I'm here, for good.

What happened to the weather?

Still, it beats the U.K. eh?

Although I do miss a good pint.

Paul
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

jetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud ofjetbedlam has much to be proud of

I know what you mean about the weather, I think someone broke Texas....but still, like you said beats the UK, they've had a hell of a winter so far and it doesn't seem to be improving!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

far12343 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Frsico, Texas

Lived in North Dallas for 9 years. Went back to Birmingham for month. Already missing fish and chips and curry houses. Plus you can’t beat the Pub food.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 1:14 am
Just Joined

m151tx will become famous soon enough

Hi.

Couple of decent Indian places off 75 in richardson if you want a Curry.

There are quite a few of us Brits around the Murphy, Wylie area. We often run into RAF guys working up in the Greenville area.

I have met other expats at the Bavarian Grill in Plano over the years, beer is not bad either.

Starting to remember what the weather was like in UK with it peeing with rain every 5 mins this winter.

All the best

Mark
Old Mar 4th 2010, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Wanderingone is an unknown quantity at this point

Just moved back to Texas (thank you, God!) and living in Dallas. Would enjoy meeting other Brits in the area.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

far12343 is an unknown quantity at this point

Were do ex pat's hang out these days. At one point was Londoner pub at Addision. Every Friday for drinks. I'm out of loop.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 6:46 am
Just Joined

philcamm is an unknown quantity at this point

Great to hear of so many Brits in Dallas. If any of you want to get involved with a rugby club, I moved here from Oldham 7 years ago and set up a new club in '08.

We're in Frisco, but I warn you, American rugby is in the dark ages compared with England. Not just the players, but facilities, everything. I'm trying to change that and am seeing real progress, but it'll be helped along if we can get more Brits involved.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 5:36 am
Just Joined

davey512000 is an unknown quantity at this point

came to Denton around 17 months ago, and love Texas would be good to hear from other xpats or not just need to be working on my friend circle, I came from Worcester UK
Old Sep 15th 2010, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

Cali_n_Cheshire is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, this is exciting. My husband, my son and I are planning on moving to Northern Dallas from Cheshire early next year. (thats if the house sells) My son and I are American/Brit dual citizens and DH is English. Having been an expat here in the UK I understand how hard it can be to adjust to a new country. I am really glad to know that their is a large population of Brits in the area.

We are looking around the Richardson, Plano, Garland, Allen areas. My uncle is in McKinney and our best friends will be moving to Richardson from Liverpool shortly as well.

Looking forward to maybe meeting up with other Brits. I am from California and have been in the UK for 7 yrs so I see a bit of culture shock coming my way. I know DH will have some as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.