Reload this Page >

Any brits in New orleans??

Any brits in New orleans??

Old Sep 16th 2011, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Mattlov is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any brits in New orleans??

Hi all,

Just wondering if there where many brits in NOLA area as I'll be moving to New Orleans on November the 9th. be nice to meet up with fellow brits in the future!
Old Sep 17th 2011, 3:51 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any brits in New orleans??

Don't think any on BE, but I know a few out that way and Baton Rouge, because of the media tax breaks, few companies moved in bringing folks with them.

Probably have more luck finding a meet up group either on meetup.com or facebook?
Old Sep 30th 2011, 2:39 am
Just Joined

gaybrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mattlov
Hi all,

Just wondering if there where many brits in NOLA area as I'll be moving to New Orleans on November the 9th. be nice to meet up with fellow brits in the future!
Hi there,

I live in the New Orleans area and would be happy to help you. You're coming to a fun and interesting city in the U.S. If you have any questions, just ask away.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 12:29 am
Just Joined

TigerFan55 will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

I live in the New Orleans area as well and would be more than happy to let you know anything that you needed to or help in anyway that I could.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

swiz is a jewel in the roughswiz is a jewel in the roughswiz is a jewel in the roughswiz is a jewel in the rough

I'm not quite in New Orleans but my wife is from there and we may be moving next year (currently in N.Yorkshire).

How did the move go?

Gaybrown, TigerFan55, I may have questions for you soon!
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 3:51 am
Just Joined

flyboy593 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, I'm from Berkshire and live with my missus in Old Metairie. There's a pub on Bank Street called Finn McCools, where a lot of brit expats hang out. Not been there myself as I'm not a big drinker, but plently do. Also, if you're a footballer, look up crescentcitysoccer.com. Outdoor astro turf pitch uptown. Played a couple of seasons myself but feeling my age a bit now!! Good luck, would love to know how you get on.

Would love to keep in touch, as I'm hoping to extend my social circle to some familiar british accents!!

Good luck.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 11:55 am
Just Joined

britinnola is an unknown quantity at this point

Brit in NOLA (when not working abroad!) We're near Algiers...and I'm still learning my way round!

Hope your move went well - feel free to get in touch!
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

EnglishKimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Any brits in New orleans??

Hi all,

Hey dude im deffo a BRITISH PERSON :-) im living in texas houton atm and im coming to new orleans for my 21st birthday! :-)
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

deftoneuk is on a distinguished road

I spent a while working near NOLA, down in Morgan City. Was damn humid down there!
Old Feb 9th 2012, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

EnglishKimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea sure is humid here but lovely when u wanna get a tan!! Lmao.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

anna.evans is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Swiz and Mattlov
Are you still in New Orleans at the mo?
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

shent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really niceshent is just really nice

I'm in NOLA, I coach at the Chicago Fire youth soccer club down here and there's a few englishmen and scots here who I work with. Finn McCools Irish pub is the best hangout for Brits, although the 25 mile drive back to my house limits the amount of times I go boozing in there. Although, there's not much going on down here at the mo after issac kicked our butts
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

TigerFan55 will become famous soon enough

I'm still in New Orleans as well and am always looking for people to hang out with. I know Finn McCool's does a pub quiz on Mondays which is incredibly popular.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 9:54 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

Today is my first visit to this forum in almost 4 years (eeek!) but wanted to pop into this thread and let ya'll know I'm another Brit in New Orleans. We moved here a year ago, live in the Carrollton/Riverbend area and frequent Cooter Browns, The Avenue Pub and Irish House regularly. We don't go to Finns much as we'd have to drive there.