Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

any brits near Edison, New Jersey?

any brits near Edison, New Jersey?

Old May 7th 2011, 9:30 pm
msw
Just Joined

msw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default any brits near Edison, New Jersey?

Hi,
We have just moved to NJ from Scotland around 5 weeks ago...still settling in, hoping to sit (and pass?!) drivers test next week - wondering if there is anyone relatively close who would like to meet up? Have 2 kids...5 & 2..
Old May 9th 2011, 2:15 pm
moi
Forum Regular

moi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any brits near Edison, New Jersey?

Hiya,
I am 50 miles North of Edision, but my husband works in Edison.
I also have a 5 year old boy - was just over in the UK last month.
I would like to try and meet up.
Maria
Old May 10th 2011, 3:21 am
msw
Just Joined

Hi Maria,
That's great! I hoping to sit my drivers test on Thurs so could maybe try to meet up any time from next week. Would you be able to come down this way or do you know anywhere we could meet in between Edison and where you stay?? Are you around during the week?
Mairi
Old May 10th 2011, 6:25 pm
moi
Forum Regular

moi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Yep I am around during the mornings/lunch. Son is in Kindergarten and I am currently job hunting - but not too aggresively
You will probably hear me winge about NJ though as I have lived here for 20 years.
How about we set something up for next week after your driving test. I could drive down there - I may even surprize my husband while he is at work HA.
You can PM me.
Anyone else in the area who wants to meet up also let us know.
Talk soon,
Maria -
Old May 12th 2011, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

njmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nice

Hi There.

Not too far from Edison at all. I go through quite frequently as my best friend lives in East Brunswick.

Shoot me a PM if you have any issues and need help settling in. Found some great websites and stuff that helped with all that and I have done it twice now.

Gavin
Old May 13th 2011, 2:07 pm
msw
Just Joined

Hi,
OK Moi I will PM you and Gavin yeah thanks any help, links to websites would be great. Did you live in NJ last time you were in the US? I have lived here before also but last time was California, so far this seems quite different!!
Thanks, Mairi
Old May 13th 2011, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

njmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nice

Always lived in NJ apart from a short but expensive stint on the Upper East Side.

I will send you a pm with the stuff that I think might help you in NJ and places around you that are both adult and family fun.
Old May 13th 2011, 3:26 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by msw
Hi,
We have just moved to NJ from Scotland around 5 weeks ago...still settling in, hoping to sit (and pass?!) drivers test next week - wondering if there is anyone relatively close who would like to meet up? Have 2 kids...5 & 2..
I'm close by, in Highland Park (me, American wife, and 2 kids - almost 2 and almost 4). Edison covers a surprisingly large area, so you may or may not be very close.

If you're looking for things to do there's a street fair in our town next weekend (on the 22nd), and we'd be happy to welcome you to the area.
Old May 18th 2011, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

LFC1005 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm 45 mins north of Edison in Morristown NJ, hope the driving test went well. Would love to meet up with some brits living in the NJ area. I married an american and have 2 children, 4 yrs and 10 month old.
Old May 18th 2011, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

hey there. I am about 10 minutes away from you in Summit. More than happy to meet up with anyone.

I have a 6 year old boy and a 17 year old step daughter.
Old May 18th 2011, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

LFC1005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Gavin, just sent you a PM
Old Jun 1st 2011, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

bellasis is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in New City, NY (so not really that close to Edison!)...I'm new to British Expats and hope you don't mind me jumping in to your Edison thread, but I wanted to ask Gavin about the websites etc, that you mentioned?

I've lived here for 3 years now and love it, can't imagine leaving .....BUT, I do feel very cut off from British life and really miss my friends and family in England, and our life back there! Would love to find anything here that connects me to a little bit of home...fellow-Brits, websites, stores...anything!!

Thanks
Old Jun 1st 2011, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

hi Bella.

Just sent you a pm with some stuff on...
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

samjwood will become famous soon enoughsamjwood will become famous soon enough

Hi all

I'm living in Cedar Knolls, NJ. We came here in March, me on H4 visa, Hubby on H1B and son age 8 moved from Liverpool. I passed my theory driving test 2 weeks ago and bought a car the same day. Having a car has made such a difference as I was fairly housebound without one.

If you are arranging any meet ups count me in.....

Could I also have a copy of those websites please

Cheers everyone

Sam
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Sam.

Check you inbox, you should see some stuff in there. Hope it helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.