Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

looking for a room to rent in St Pete Florida area

looking for a room to rent in St Pete Florida area

Old Apr 2nd 2017, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

flibbedigibbet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default looking for a room to rent in St Pete Florida area

Hi Guys, you wont know me as this user name as i tried to reactivate using my old name and it gave me so much grief i just re registered..anyway, i'm from East London, yes a Cockney, gor blimey mister and all that and y'all helped me through the dreaded marriage based visa minefield 6 years ago (couldn't have done it without yas ) and am now in Florida and looking for a room to rent for about a month starting in two weeks, i'm here now renting a friends daughters room, who is due back. preferably near the beach and shops where i can get about without a car, and a nice safe neighborhood. i'm respectable, clean and a non smoker/partyer and i'd like to meet up with some brits in the area. Thanks and i'd also be interested in a live in housekeeper / companion style situation, but not thru an agency as they want references and diplomas and transport ..

Last edited by flibbedigibbet; Apr 3rd 2017 at 12:02 am.
Old Apr 2nd 2017, 11:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking for a room to rent in St Pete Florida area

Originally Posted by flibbedigibbet
Hi Guys, you wont know me as this user name as i tried to reactivate using my old name and it gave me so much grief i just re registered..anyway, i'm from East London, yes a Cockney, gor blimey mister and all that and y'all helped me through the dreaded marriage based visa minefield 6 years ago (couldn't have done it without yas ) and am now in Florida and looking for a room to rent for about a month starting in two weeks, i'm here now renting a friends daughters room, who is due back. preferably near the beach and shops where i can get about without a car, and a nice safe neighborhood. i'm respectable, clean and a non smoker/partyer and i'd like to meet up with some brits in the area. Thanks
What was your old username please? I will arrange to have your old account closed.
Old Apr 2nd 2017, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
What was your old username please? I will arrange to have your old account closed.
Hi Jersey Girl, i remember you, it was Katie2 but i just looked on members list and its not on there anyway :-)
Old Apr 2nd 2017, 11:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jersey Girl, i remember you, it was Katie2 but i just looked on members list and its not on there anyway :-)
You seems to have disappeared!
Old Apr 2nd 2017, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

You seems to have disappeared!
Yes but when i searched the forum i did actually see all my old posts If you could find me through them maybe they could be deleted and i'll start from scratch here
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 12:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes but when i searched the forum i did actually see all my old posts If you could find me through them maybe they could be deleted and i'll start from scratch here
Yes it is very odd. Sorry your old posts have to stay.
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 12:05 am
Just Joined

Yes it is very odd. Sorry your old posts have to stay.
Thats okay, i only mentioned it because i did try to log in with my old name and password and i kept getting sent a new password but when i tried to log in with it, i just kept getting sent back to the log in page ..i guess i'm the only one who can delete the old posts, thats assuming i get in at some point, anyway hopefully I get some replies to this new posting , thanks JerseyGirl
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 12:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Thats okay, i only mentioned it because i did try to log in with my old name and password and i kept getting sent a new password but when i tried to log in with it, i just kept getting sent back to the log in page ..i guess i'm the only one who can delete the old posts, thats assuming i get in at some point, anyway hopefully I get some replies to this new posting , thanks JerseyGirl
You cannot delete old posts. It is not our policy to delete old posts or posts in the Immigration forums. When you make a post you have a 2 hour window to edit/delete that post.

Moving on...how very rude of me...welcome back.
Old Apr 3rd 2017, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

littledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond reputelittledorrit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I'd recommend renting somewhere through airbnb. There are some great (flexible) rentals in St Pete on airbnb. Depends how much you want to spend of course, but that'd be a gapped place to start...
Old Apr 4th 2017, 1:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by littledorrit
Hi,

I'd recommend renting somewhere through airbnb. There are some great (flexible) rentals in St Pete on airbnb. Depends how much you want to spend of course, but that'd be a gapped place to start...
Hi thanks littledorrit, i tried that but the prices are huuuuuge so im looking in craigslist at the moment which looks promising but i thought id reach out to the british expat community also, maybe theres another way to be involved with them, i'll do some more digging
Old Apr 4th 2017, 2:26 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Please tell us more about your situation. I happen to live in the area and have a spare room, but I am not inclined to rent it out on a whim to an internet stranger. But if I can help with a sticky situation I would do my best.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 2:28 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi Guys, you wont know me as this user name as i tried to reactivate using my old name and it gave me so much grief i just re registered...
Hi there.
I can merge your old a/c with your new a/c if you like. Your old account was closed at your request.

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 4th 2017 at 4:29 am. Reason: Oops. No edit . Pressed wrong thing
Old Apr 4th 2017, 3:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RICH
Please tell us more about your situation. I happen to live in the area and have a spare room, but I am not inclined to rent it out on a whim to an internet stranger. But if I can help with a sticky situation I would do my best.
Ok Rich, i'll send you a private message
Old Apr 4th 2017, 3:27 am
Just Joined

You cannot delete old posts. It is not our policy to delete old posts or posts in the Immigration forums. When you make a post you have a 2 hour window to edit/delete that post.

Moving on...how very rude of me...welcome back.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 3:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS
Hi there.
I can merge your old a/c with your new a/c if you like. Your old account was closed at your request.
thats weird cos when i tried to log in the automated system kept sending me new passwords with my old name .. never mind, no lets let sleeping katies lie Thank you