Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Brits in LA - Santa Monica??

Brits in LA - Santa Monica??

Old Aug 30th 2016, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

Missjayneo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brits in LA - Santa Monica??

So I've recently moved to LA, Santa Monica actually... after spending 4 lovely years in Sydney and making lots of friends there, it's time to start again here!

I love hiking, coffee, wine, yoga and all things fitness... I'm 33 and active, I start work in a couple of weeks but until then I have a lot of free time!

If anyone has recently moved here too and looking to catch up PM me!!!

xx
Old Aug 31st 2016, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brits in LA - Santa Monica??

Welcome to the area, I live up the road in Marina Del Rey.

You've come to right place for your loves!

Enjoy your new life here in the good old US of A
Old Oct 6th 2016, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

Gayled06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Century city over here! Enjoy LA, we have been here since January and just starting to meet new people- definitely the hardest part of moving.

G
Old Oct 10th 2016, 11:31 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

What happened to Vegas?
Old Oct 26th 2016, 8:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat027 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome,

I'm up in Valencia but spend a lot of time around Santa Monica/Venice at the weekends. Plenty of Brits around the area. Check out the meetup.com groups. I can highly recommend 'The Los Angeles Brits Meetup'.
Old Dec 31st 2016, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Parnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond repute

Any advice on these suburbs around and within Santa Monica

Looking for around 10,000 sqft section/land with a 4,000 to 5,000 sqft house

Suburbs with good mature lined streets, and close to the Hub of social activity (theatres and restaurants/cafes)

Sorry if the questions are a bit blunt but have a trip coming up in 2 weeks and the relocation agent is appearing a bit of a waste of time. 100 properties sent through from all over the place and no real focus on areas other than price.

Looking to be within bike ride of the beach. Have budget for beach front but prefer a few streets back and more tree lined, white picket fence, big backyard with mature trees to climb.

Have 2 daughters who will holiday with me once a month.

Always dating so access to brains versus bimbo areas?
Old Apr 12th 2017, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

Marky Mark is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Missjayneo.
I can't help you with contacts, other than than to say that my (American) wife and I are in the early stages of moving over, and will be looking for friendly faces once we land

We'll be initially living with her father in La Crescenta.

If you're like for good hiking, look at Pasadena: Eaton Canyon Nature Center Associates Home Page, or La Crescenta: City of Glendale, CA : Deukmejian Wilderness Park