Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Colorado?

Any Brits in Colorado?

Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

COSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really nice
Default Any Brits in Colorado?

Hello All

I'm moving ever closer to my move to COlorado Springs (out for a long visit very shortly). I wondered if there was any Brits in the Colorado Front Range area (Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Denver, Boulder) who may fancy a catch up/beer with a fellow Brit...

P
Old Jan 7th 2013, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

norfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any Brits in Colorado?

I live in Colorado Springs - been here since 1997 and lived in Maryland before that. Don't know if I'll be much use for going out for a beer. My SO and I seem to spend all our time at work (pro audio repair shop), but you're welcome to stop on by if you have the inclination. I'm sure there are a lot of other Brits around here but I think I know of only a couple (I lead a very insulated life!). I could at least make you feel welcome.

Joan
Old Jan 7th 2013, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

COSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really niceCOSPhil is just really nice

Great Joan! I barely expected any at all in the Springs.

Where abouts is your store I'll definitely have to stop by at some stage!
Old Jan 7th 2013, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

norfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to beholdnorfolkbroad is a splendid one to behold

Just sent you a PM. Don't want to advertise on the main board and get into trouble.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

MrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond repute

We live in Superior, which is close to Boulder but are looking to buy a house in Broomfield. I work in Downtown Denver and we really enjoy it here despite not really knowing anyone except family (only here since March). There are Brits around, you hear the accent every now and again, even had a brit ask me for directions which was funny.

Only been to the Springs once so far, did some of the touristy stuff. Will probably visit again later this year.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 2:15 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrBaker2011
We live in Superior, which is close to Boulder but are looking to buy a house in Broomfield.
Originally Posted by COSPhil
Hello All

I'm moving ever closer to my move to COlorado Springs (out for a long visit very shortly). I wondered if there was any Brits in the Colorado Front Range area (Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Denver, Boulder) who may fancy a catch up/beer with a fellow Brit...

P
I live in Boulder. There is a very active Boulder Brits Club. We meet once a month for a curry and get together for other events all in the Boulder/Louisville area. Boulder is 1-1/2 hrs from the Springs. There's a British shop on North Academy.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

MrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond reputeMrBaker2011 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
I live in Boulder. There is a very active Boulder Brits Club. We meet once a month for a curry and get together for other events all in the Boulder/Louisville area. Boulder is 1-1/2 hrs from the Springs. There's a British shop on North Academy.
Hey, would be great to get some info on the boulder brits club. We are early 30s and don't have kids yet which is making it hard to meet people.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 3:12 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrBaker2011
Hey, would be great to get some info on the boulder brits club. We are early 30s and don't have kids yet which is making it hard to meet people.
Here's the Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/48829599562/

There's a big age range and quite a few 'regulars'. Curry nights are usually the 3rd Weds or Thurs of the month. We usually rotate between Tibets and Taj Mahal in Louisville and the Tandoori Grill in Boulder. There's a bar in L.ville - The Rex - and they always welcome the group so we've met there to watch football matches and for birthdays. One of the guys owns Rocky Mountain Soccer and he has a 'Lounge' set up to watch matches and opens at all odd hours to accommodate European schedules. There are a couple of 'pubs' in Boulder - Conor O'Neill's (we met there for British New Year), and the Hungry Toad.

There are several brew pubs in Boulder - with some quite good brews - and a new one coming soon.

Have you looked at Louisville as an option? If you're thinking of a having a family, it is a great place. Actually, if you're not thinking of having a family, it's a great place. The guy who organizes all the curry nights is a realtor if you need one!
Old Jan 8th 2013, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

There's a big age range and quite a few 'regulars'. Curry nights are usually the 3rd Weds or Thurs of the month. We usually rotate between Tibets and Taj Mahal in Louisville and the Tandoori Grill in Boulder. There's a bar in L.ville - The Rex - and they always welcome the group so we've met there to watch football matches and for birthdays. One of the guys owns Rocky Mountain Soccer and he has a 'Lounge' set up to watch matches and opens at all odd hours to accommodate European schedules. There are a couple of 'pubs' in Boulder - Conor O'Neill's (we met there for British New Year), and the Hungry Toad.

There are several brew pubs in Boulder - with some quite good brews - and a new one coming soon.

Have you looked at Louisville as an option? If you're thinking of a having a family, it is a great place. Actually, if you're not thinking of having a family, it's a great place. The guy who organizes all the curry nights is a realtor if you need one!
Oh this is great, I've applied to join the group. Will definitely try to get over for this.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Steeb is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be there in around a year and a half. There's good curry to be had around the front range? That makes me very happy! As does the abundance of craft breweries!
Old Jan 14th 2013, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

richbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond repute

This is really useful! My wife (USC) and I (UKC) are living in London at the moment, but are busy planning to move and settle somewhere in the Greater Denver Area this year, as soon as my immigrant visa comes through

I'm sure we'll be crazy busy when we arrive, trying to buy a house, buy a car, sort out insurance, etc, but would be great to catch up with you all at some point! I've joined the group you sent the link for, thanks!

Rich.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

LostBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Add me to the list too, I am in Arvada (NW Denver). I have met many Brits here, some through motorcycling, and we also have a group on Meetup.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Debzfall is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I have just stumbled across this thread and am doing my research on colorado but its bit easy! Can anyone offer advice on best areas to live with good schools etc, children are 7 and 2. Don't want to be too isolated or too expensive but a good standard if living. Any advice would be great. Thanks Debbie
Old Apr 10th 2013, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Debzfall
Hi I have just stumbled across this thread and am doing my research on colorado but its bit easy! Can anyone offer advice on best areas to live with good schools etc, children are 7 and 2. Don't want to be too isolated or too expensive but a good standard if living. Any advice would be great. Thanks Debbie
Others might chip in here, but Louisville is a great town for families. It's getting to be on the expensive side but it does have a lot to offer. It was voted #1 in 2011 Best Places to Live small towns category by CNN Money

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/money...PL0846355.html

Grand Junction over on the western slope is a lovely town. I don't know about their schools but they do have a fantastic health plan.

http://www.newamerica.net/blog/new-h...s-part-1-13896

There are some small towns up and down the I-25 corridor. It depends where you are going to work or if at all. If you can avoid an I-25 commute, you'll be a lot happier! Eerie is up and coming, Berthoud is one of my personal favourites.

I raised my two boys in Boulder and it was fantastic. Completely safe and more schools to choose from than you can shake a stick at but it is now very expensive, a lot more crowded and I don't know that I would choose it now if I was doing it again today. I know more people with young families who chose Louisville over Boulder.
Old May 5th 2013, 7:56 am
Fort Collins, Colorado

yukichon will become famous soon enoughyukichon will become famous soon enough

First post in here. I'm still in the UK but am moving with wife and two young kids later this year to Fort Collins and can't wait, no doubt will be a big change from my social life here, but time to adapt & adopt the USA way but will be great to meet with some Brits when I get out there to help ease the process.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.