Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in the Cincinnati area?

Any Brits in the Cincinnati area?

Old Apr 5th 2011, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

kempuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Brits in the Cincinnati area?

Hi, moved here end of January. My husband has a job here and we have a daughter of 15 and son of 14. My husband really misses the social aspect of his life back in the UK. Going down pub and having friends round. Anybody else feel the same? Does it improve?
Old Apr 9th 2011, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Red Mullet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Brits in the Cincinnati area?

Originally Posted by kempuk
Hi, moved here end of January. My husband has a job here and we have a daughter of 15 and son of 14. My husband really misses the social aspect of his life back in the UK. Going down pub and having friends round. Anybody else feel the same? Does it improve?
Hello, I know what you mean! I've been in Cincinnati since Oct 2009, although I'm new to this forum.

What do think of Cincinnati?
Old Apr 9th 2011, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

I like Cincinnati and so do the rest of the family but if my husband doesn't get a social life soon I am afraid he will drag us back to the UK! Did you ever feel that bad?
Old Apr 9th 2011, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Red Mullet
Hello, I know what you mean! I've been in Cincinnati since Oct 2009, although I'm new to this forum.

What do think of Cincinnati?
Not sure if I posted correctly, new to this. Trying this now to see if this is what I should have done - sorry! OK got it now, I think!
Old Apr 9th 2011, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

I like Cincinnati and so do the rest of the family but if my husband doesn't get a social life soon I am afraid he will drag us back to the UK! Did you ever feel that bad?
Not really, busy job, made a few friends quite easily.

You have to break the british resolve and go out, be a little more American!
Old Apr 9th 2011, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Not really, busy job, made a few friends quite easily.

My husband is also busy, finding it a bit "all work and no play". Unfortunately a lot of his work colleagues live a bit further afield. We are renting and a lot of people from other countries here who seem to stick to others from their own countries.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 9:38 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

??????????????????????????????

Brits go out all the time.

Brit commonly do what the yanks like to call "binge drinking"

a little more american means choosing between 35 local restaurants all serving Mozzarella sticks, Potato Skins and Chicken Tenders.

or if its Outback then they try to be more exptic with Adelaide Stix.... Ayers Rocks Skins and Queensland Chicken Tenders.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

My husband is also busy, finding it a bit "all work and no play". Unfortunately a lot of his work colleagues live a bit further afield. We are renting and a lot of people from other countries here who seem to stick to others from their own countries.
Yes, Americans love their cars and quite happy to live far from work and commute.

Where do you live? Cincinnati has little areas where people go out. It's not as organic as England where you can walk to a pub or have a central social area.

Cincinnatians are quite a family oriented bunch and can be clique but they're real friendly so get to know one of them!
Old Apr 9th 2011, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Manc

a little more american means choosing between 35 local restaurants all serving Mozzarella sticks, Potato Skins and Chicken Tenders.

or if its Outback then they try to be more exptic with Adelaide
Stix.... Ayers Rocks Skins and Queensland Chicken Tenders.
I get that! My husband went out occasionally to be honest but he has gone from that to not at all! He is very sociable but struggling for some reason. We do the whole restaurant thing and have always liked that about the US as not much choice in the UK.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Manc

or if its Outback then they try to be more exptic with Adelaide Stix.... Ayers Rocks Skins and Queensland Chicken Tenders.
I think you know what I mean but just in case I meant "be more outgoing".
Old Apr 9th 2011, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

Yes, Americans love their cars and quite happy to live far from work and commute.

Where do you live? Cincinnati has little areas where people go out. It's not as organic as England where you can walk to a pub or have a central social area.

Cincinnatians are quite a family oriented bunch and can be clique but they're real friendly so get to know one of them!
We live in Montgomery. Great area, near to everything!
Old Apr 14th 2011, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Dodgykeeps will become famous soon enoughDodgykeeps will become famous soon enough

Hi
I'm up in Springboro (about 40 miles north) but there's quite a few of us that meet up every now and then in Cincy. Probably be meeting for a Reds game at some point soon
Paul
Old Apr 14th 2011, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dodgykeeps
Hi
I'm up in Springboro (about 40 miles north) but there's quite a few of us that meet up every now and then in Cincy. Probably be meeting for a Reds game at some point soon
Paul
Hi Paul,
That sounds interesting! I originally looked at the Springboro area when we were moving but decided it was just a bit far out. We went to a Reds game last year and quite enjoyed it. If you meet up in the Cincy area it would be good if you would consider including us in the invite!
Thanks, Linda
Old Apr 15th 2011, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Peter Frampton - Indian Hill (I Think).

Jim.

Last edited by Scouse Express; Apr 15th 2011 at 2:31 am.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 2:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Peter Frampton - Indian Hill (I Think).

Jim.
We are not far from Indian Hill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.