Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Any brits around Buffalo, NY?

Any brits around Buffalo, NY?

Old Jun 19th 2010, 1:37 am
Just Joined

crowdpleaser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any brits around Buffalo, NY?

Just curious to know! I moved here last december and have yet to meet anyone else from the UK.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 2:10 am
Just Joined

imascouse is just really niceimascouse is just really niceimascouse is just really niceimascouse is just really niceimascouse is just really niceimascouse is just really niceimascouse is just really niceimascouse is just really nice
Default Re: Any brits around Buffalo, NY?

I lived in Lewiston NY for about 10 years and worked in Buffalo and to be honest Brits are a bit thin on the ground. There are more just across the border in Canada. Niagara on the Lake has the Angel Inn pub and there are usually some there plus they have good English beer. I only knew two couples and one of them went to Michigan. There is a great Scottish Pie shop in Niagara Falls Ontario that has sausage rolls, chicken pot pies, curried chicken pies and the like. Its called the Tartan Bakery on Dorchester Road close to the intersection of Pinedale Road.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 3:54 am
Just Joined

crowdpleaser is an unknown quantity at this point

I live and work downtown and always keep my ears open for that old familiar accent...but so far only heard it when my mum and dad came to visit Most of my colleagues are from the Buffalo area and say I am the first Brit they have met here. I'm sure there are more of us out there though!

Thanks for the suggestion about the pie shop. I am actually planning on crossing the border this weekend (after finally getting my passport back) and I do fancy a pie. Yum yum.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 12:34 pm
Wondering if...

celticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond repute

Let me think....I've been here around 18 months and have only met one other Brit, other than my wife and kids who each only count as half anyway , and that was someone working at the Walden Galleria mall.

There seem to be reasonable numbers of a whole lot of different nationalities around here, but very few British souls. Still, that means I maintain my novelty value...
Old Jun 26th 2010, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Insomniac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crowdpleaser
I live and work downtown and always keep my ears open for that old familiar accent...but so far only heard it when my mum and dad came to visit Most of my colleagues are from the Buffalo area and say I am the first Brit they have met here. I'm sure there are more of us out there though!

Thanks for the suggestion about the pie shop. I am actually planning on crossing the border this weekend (after finally getting my passport back) and I do fancy a pie. Yum yum.
I'm from Buffalo(American) and I can't say I've heard any British accents around here. Looks like your kind is few and far between:-p
Old Jul 24th 2010, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

StephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud of

I live in Buffalo! Been here since January and have just had my Greencard approved. Never met any other Brits here either.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 5:03 pm
Wondering if...

celticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crowdpleaser

If you don't want to cross the border try the English Pork Pie Company in Cheektowaga. Haven't got there yet, only found out about it recently, but they have been highly recommended.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 4:57 am
Just Joined

britbytes is an unknown quantity at this point

i have been in the buffalo area for 12 years now, although not that many around downtown, there are a few in the burbs...lol
On my street there are 2 and directly behind me lives another...seems like we are multiplying quickly!
but seriously, in those 12 years i have come across maybe 30 British people who live here on a permanent basis.
If anyone fancies a beer sometime please don't hesitate to contact me
Old Sep 20th 2010, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Neko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud of

I'm a few hours east - Albany - and I'm more an ex-pat by inheritance (my parents are strong ex-pats, but I've lived in the states since I was 4)... But hello anyway. :-P
Old May 2nd 2011, 2:07 am
Just Joined

WelshBuffalo is an unknown quantity at this point

Could be a little delayed, but here is another Brit living in Buffalo. I've been here in suburban Buffalo for 3 years.

Let me know if this thread is still relevant.
Old May 2nd 2011, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

Neko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by WelshBuffalo
Could be a little delayed, but here is another Brit living in Buffalo. I've been here in suburban Buffalo for 3 years.

Let me know if this thread is still relevant.
Well, define relevant. :-P I still live in Albany... Though yes, that was a little bit of threadcromancy thar.
Old May 5th 2011, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Daz-Kendal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I recently moved back to the W. NY area from S. Carolina.

I'm familiar with Buffalo and particularl N. Falls and Lewiston as that's where my in laws live and my misses is from.

If anyone would like to meet up for a pint or 2 sometime let me know, maybe we can organise something...

Cheers...
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

loss has a spectacular aura aboutloss has a spectacular aura aboutloss has a spectacular aura about

How safe is buffalo, i'm in toronto, and was thinking of traveling to buffalo, for shopping to save money and to have look around,
Old Jul 24th 2011, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

boxshifter is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just moved my family to Lockport, NY. I'm still working in the UK until Christmas, but I needed to move the wife and kids back to US, so that the kids can get settled in school.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 12:49 am
Just Joined

upstategirl is an unknown quantity at this point

If Rochester counts as being around Buffalo, then I've been here for 7 years and am originally from London. I know of 3 other Brits here. Would be interested in meeting up somewhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.