Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Alabama

Any Brits in Alabama

Old Feb 13th 2012, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

deftoneuk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any Brits in Alabama

Originally Posted by broker1
I have been in the Auburn/Opelika area for just over a year now. Originally from Surrey and more recently Dorset. Would love to get in touch with any other Brits living nearby. Happy Christmas!!
I was working in Auburn last summer, the locals made peach ice-cream every day for lunch, it was great!
Old Feb 21st 2012, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Lord_GG_Byron will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by deftoneuk
I was working in Auburn last summer, the locals made peach ice-cream every day for lunch, it was great!
While Georgia boasts of being the peach state, Chilton County in Alabama, has the best peaches. We've tried peaches from UGA and SC, but Chilton is the best, been eating them for the past 15 years.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 10:37 pm
TKO
Sweatin' it up in Bama

TKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really nice

Fellow Brit-in-Bama here, living just North of the Chilton County line actually.

Old thread, but figured I would add to it.

I'd be happy to make contact with any Brits. I've met a couple of others, but not many.

I live in Calera, Alabama - send me a PM.

If there is any interest here, i'm thinking an annual Bonfire Night get together is a must.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 2:38 am
Just Joined

YaffT is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes!!
I live in the Montgomery area. From Gloucestershire.
I know there must be more U.K.ers in this area. A friend met an English woman in the Bx on Maxwell AFB. (and then lost the lady's contact information.) I've seen a black SUV w/ a st. George Flag on it that says "English and Proud of it." Must belong to another of us in the area. Also, I know the publix manager ( who is lovely enough to order U.k. foods) told me a Scotsman is a regular customer in the store.

However, the only person I've actually met face to face with, who is from home, is a woman that works in the same facility as I.

I get homesick. It's nice knowing I'm not completely alone here.

Last edited by YaffT; Jun 29th 2012 at 2:41 am.
Old Jul 7th 2012, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

sue138 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Im from the UK and live in Alabama been here 3 years about 20 miles from Columbus haven't met one British person since ive been here so glad to see some are in Alabama,take care all
Old Jul 7th 2012, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sue138
Hi Im from the UK and live in Alabama been here 3 years about 20 miles from Columbus haven't met one British person since ive been here so glad to see some are in Alabama,take care all
Where is Columbus?
Old Jul 7th 2012, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

Hi its near phenix city AL,Columbus is in georgia but i am 10 miles from Phenix city al but wasnt sure anyone would have heard of Phenix city so put Columbus as its near,how long have you been here?
Old Jul 8th 2012, 1:48 am
Just Joined

Hi its near phenix city AL,Columbus is in georgia but i am 10 miles from Phenix city al but wasnt sure anyone would have heard of Phenix city so put Columbus as its near,how long have you been here?
Such a shame...think it's a few hours from me??
I've been here for a decade now. :/
How about yourself?
Old Jul 8th 2012, 3:05 am
Just Joined

Hi Ive been here 3 years now and i really like it here,im originally from Devon UK
Old Jul 8th 2012, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Hi Ive been here 3 years now and i really like it here,im originally from Devon UK
<---- Gloucestershire here.
It's boiling hot. I'll never get used to the heat and humidity here.
Old Aug 10th 2012, 3:18 am
Just Joined

The Englishster will become famous soon enough

Another Brit

I've been in the Birmingham area for about 6 years, and I've probably only bumped into half a dozen other English folks. And an Irishman at the zoo but that doesn't count

The introduction of marmite onto the shelves at Publix marks a major improvement in lifestyle. It gets so hot you can actually spread it without shredding the bread lol.
Old Aug 10th 2012, 4:25 am
Just Joined

Hi thanks for the info cant wait to taste Marmite again,its nice to know there are a few Brits here as i said i havent met any in 3 years, i found weetabix a few months ago so that was a treattake care
Old Aug 10th 2012, 2:22 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Englishster
Another Brit

I've been in the Birmingham area for about 6 years, and I've probably only bumped into half a dozen other English folks. And an Irishman at the zoo but that doesn't count

The introduction of marmite onto the shelves at Publix marks a major improvement in lifestyle. It gets so hot you can actually spread it without shredding the bread lol.
Hi and welcome to BE.

So pleased to have you onboard. I hope you enjoy being part of BE and if you get stuck on anything please give me a shout.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

collardgreens is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

We are moving out to Birmingham at the start of February, I have a permanent job west of downtown, engineer in cement business. We already had a scout around, tried to find somewhere with a European town type feel. The only place we could find that came near was Crestline in Mountain Brook, but we have since seen that one gets a lot more house and still with good schools in other places. We are currently looking at the houses around Riverchase / Hoover.

Looking forward to the music, the golf, some sun. Would be very happy to meet up wth any Brits in the area.

Last edited by collardgreens; Dec 5th 2012 at 8:33 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 1:31 am
Just Joined

The Englishster will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by collardgreens
Hi there,

We are moving out to Birmingham at the start of February
I know the areas you are talking about well - in fact I live in Hoover. When I moved here I could have done with someone like me, so please get in touch - I'd be happy to help anyway I can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.