Go Back  British Expats > General > Media Requests
Reload this Page >

Photographic Project - Tenerife!

Photographic Project - Tenerife!

Old Jan 2nd 2018, 10:53 am
Just Joined

joseph_fox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Photographic Project - Tenerife!

Hi good folks of the BE forum,

My name is Joseph Fox, I'm a documentary photographer and film maker. I live in Madrid with my girlfriend so have some idea what it's like to be a expat. Although i'm new to it!

For a while I have been toying with the idea of making a photographic documentary about British peoples' relationship with the sun.. this might seem a bit odd to some but I think that us Brits do have a different relationship or thought pattern to most of Europe when it comes to that big ball of fire in the sky! I think we worship it in ways that other people don't.

With this in mind I am taking a trip to Tenerife in search of some British sun seekers. This idea has led me to this forum where I hope to meet some people who might let me document a little part of their ex-pat lives in Spain and beyond. I would like to photograph people sunbathing, people enjoying the outdoor life style. Mainly, though, I want to avoid the cliches of Brits abroad and discover something new about my compatriots.

Is there anyone out there who would be up for being photographed? or might know where I can find British people in Tenerife?

Best,

Joseph

p.s my work has been published previously in the Guardian, Sunday Time and New York Times.