Go Back  British Expats > General > Media Requests
Reload this Page >

New BBC Documentart exploring the romance of the Alaskan wilderness

New BBC Documentart exploring the romance of the Alaskan wilderness

Old Feb 27th 2019, 5:46 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 2
atkinsw2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New BBC Documentart exploring the romance of the Alaskan wilderness

DO YOU HAVE THE DESIRE, DRIVE AND DETERMINATION TO LIVE OFF GRID IN THE WILDS OF ALASKA?Have you ever dreamt of living off the land in one of the remotest parts of the world?Two Four, makers of award-winning programmes such as Channel 4’s ‘Educating…’ series and BBC One’s Real Marigold Hotel is offering you a once in a lifetime opportunity that could see you setting up home deep in the heart of Alaska.If you have a vision of a new lifestyle, and have your own business ideas that could unlock the potential of a piece of prime Alaskan wilderness, then get in touch.We are looking for adventurous English/Irish couples or pairs who live in the US to take part in Spring 2019.If interested, please contact [email protected].

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................
atkinsw2 is offline  
Old Mar 4th 2019, 9:21 am
  #2  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 28,466
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New BBC Documentart exploring the romance of the Alaskan wilderness

Originally Posted by atkinsw2 View Post
DO YOU HAVE THE DESIRE, DRIVE AND DETERMINATION TO LIVE OFF GRID IN THE WILDS OF ALASKA?Have you ever dreamt of living off the land in one of the remotest parts of the world?Two Four, makers of award-winning programmes such as Channel 4’s ‘Educating…’ series and BBC One’s Real Marigold Hotel is offering you a once in a lifetime opportunity that could see you setting up home deep in the heart of Alaska.If you have a vision of a new lifestyle, and have your own business ideas that could unlock the potential of a piece of prime Alaskan wilderness, then get in touch.We are looking for adventurous English/Irish couples or pairs who live in the US to take part in Spring 2019.If interested, please contact [email protected].

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................
Sounds great, but given how hard it is to get a visa for the US, presumably you're only looking for people who already have US citizenship or 'green cards'? Or will you be sponsoring visas, if so, which one? If you can clarify that side of things it would be helpful, thx.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Mar 4th 2019, 11:28 am
  #3  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 15,666
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New BBC Documentart exploring the romance of the Alaskan wilderness

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
Sounds great, but given how hard it is to get a visa for the US, presumably you're only looking for people who already have US citizenship or 'green cards'? Or will you be sponsoring visas, if so, which one? If you can clarify that side of things it would be helpful, thx.
The line “who live in the US” suggest that you’ll need to be an existing US resident.
BritInParis is online now  
Old Mar 4th 2019, 1:44 pm
  #4  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 28,466
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New BBC Documentart exploring the romance of the Alaskan wilderness

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
The line “who live in the US” suggest that you’ll need to be an existing US resident.
Those on H1-B's etc are living in the US but couldn't go and set up their own business in AK. It would just be helpful if the OP clarified the visa side of things as that's the most important bit really.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Mar 5th 2019, 4:23 pm
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 2
atkinsw2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New BBC Documentart exploring the romance of the Alaskan wilderness

Hi there, yes I'm currently looking for pairs who live and work in the US. Thanks!
atkinsw2 is offline  
Old Mar 11th 2019, 9:01 am
  #6  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
GeniB's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 5,881
GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New BBC Documentart exploring the romance of the Alaskan wilderness

I would have thought that plenty do already live 'off grid' in Alaska. Won't it be a tad difficult to circumvent the US's pretty strict laws up there ? My ED's American partners step daughter ( life gets complicated doesn't it ) has worked up there on fishing boats ,not too thrilled at the life style ,which consists of getting very drunk a lot of the time( oh that could be a draw )
GeniB is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.