Yanks Welcome?

Old Jul 5th 2010, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yanks Welcome?

I'm an old romantic I'm afraid Hann, I believe there is someone for everyone, soul mates and all that, its just finding the right person happens quickly for some people and not for others.

And you're right nobody chooses to fall in love, but when you realise its not good for you you sometimes have to allow your heart to be broken, unrequited love is soo hard to get over but I'm pretty sure we're all been there.

Old Jul 5th 2010, 6:42 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

End of Term Report: Haan

Haan has had a term of mixed success. Although he demonstrates a basic understanding of many of the topics we have covered, the conclusions he draws are often at odds with those of his peers. His social interactions with his classmates are sometimes strained, and we are concerned about an underlying predatory tone. Once or twice in the later part of this term he has shouted in class, which can be inappropriate. In general Haan has worked hard, but he has made several undertakings about participation in school activities which he has not kept.

Geography. This term we have studied weather patterns. Haan appears to have grasped the basics, showing an understanding of the differences between typhoons, hurricanes and cyclones. However, he appears to be unwilling to discuss the weather in general. We have also studied cartography this term, but unfortunately Haan was unable to locate some significant countries, and struggled with the concept that the American continents are generally depicted to the left side of the map and not in the centre.

History. Our studies this term have covered the Second World War and the British War of Independence from America. Haan has made some telling critical remarks about the two wars, but at times he does seem to get them confused. Although he is familiar with the relevant dates and events, he has struggled to grasp the dynamics of the wars, in particular the main influences on the outcome of WW2.

English. This term we have concentrated on punctuation and idioms. We appreciate that Haan is not a native English speaker, and in consequence we think that Haan is making excellent progress. He should try harder with vocabulary.

Personal, Social and Health Education & Citizenship. We have concentrated this term on appropriate sexual advances, the basic do’s and don’t’s of courtship, and the broader concept of love. Haan has shown a rather disturbing fascination for some of the don’t’s, in particular stalking; at present this seems to be merely a fascination, but we are concerned that this may develop into action. We have also noticed a rather morbid and depressed tone in Haan’s work, bordering on the nihilistic. One topic we have covered in depth is the capacity of people for love; Haan has made some piercing analyses on this subject, which suggest a deep but disturbing understanding.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

funny funny funny
Old Jul 5th 2010, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy

Haan has had a term of mixed success. Although he demonstrates a basic understanding of many of the topics we have covered, the conclusions he draws are often at odds with those of his peers. His social interactions with his classmates are sometimes strained, and we are concerned about an underlying predatory tone. Once or twice in the later part of this term he has shouted in class, which can be inappropriate. In general Haan has worked hard, but he has made several undertakings about participation in school activities which he has not kept.

Geography. This term we have studied weather patterns. Haan appears to have grasped the basics, showing an understanding of the differences between typhoons, hurricanes and cyclones. However, he appears to be unwilling to discuss the weather in general. We have also studied cartography this term, but unfortunately Haan was unable to locate some significant countries, and struggled with the concept that the American continents are generally depicted to the left side of the map and not in the centre.

History. Our studies this term have covered the Second World War and the British War of Independence from America. Haan has made some telling critical remarks about the two wars, but at times he does seem to get them confused. Although he is familiar with the relevant dates and events, he has struggled to grasp the dynamics of the wars, in particular the main influences on the outcome of WW2.

English. This term we have concentrated on punctuation and idioms. We appreciate that Haan is not a native English speaker, and in consequence we think that Haan is making excellent progress. He should try harder with vocabulary.

Personal, Social and Health Education & Citizenship. We have concentrated this term on appropriate sexual advances, the basic do’s and don’t’s of courtship, and the broader concept of love. Haan has shown a rather disturbing fascination for some of the don’t’s, in particular stalking; at present this seems to be merely a fascination, but we are concerned that this may develop into action. We have also noticed a rather morbid and depressed tone in Haan’s work, bordering on the nihilistic. One topic we have covered in depth is the capacity of people for love; Haan has made some piercing analyses on this subject, which suggest a deep but disturbing understanding.
ha ha brilliant, you forgot the standard Must try harder though
Old Jul 5th 2010, 3:29 pm
Banned

Haan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy

Yeah well I never said I was perfect
Old Jul 5th 2010, 3:30 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I'm an old romantic I'm afraid Hann, I believe there is someone for everyone, soul mates and all that, its just finding the right person happens quickly for some people and not for others.

And you're right nobody chooses to fall in love, but when you realise its not good for you you sometimes have to allow your heart to be broken, unrequited love is soo hard to get over but I'm pretty sure we're all been there.

So you're telling me the ugly guy that marries the ugly girl just prefers ugly girls?
Old Jul 5th 2010, 4:28 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by commander
Lovely people. Well actually they are too nice. People actually wave at you when you drive though their neigbourhood. That is my problem with americans. I think because they are perceived (correctly IMHO) as such an aggressive nation, Joe Public, or should i say John Doe try to much for 'acceptance'

Let me tell you somethin Commander- America is a big country, the difference between say Chicago and Texas is like the difference between England and Turkey. Except for living on military bases until I was 6, and going away to college in Florida for 4 years I spent my first I spent 35 years in Chicago and nobody waved, and nobody wanted your acceptance. Then I moved my family to a sprawling ranch in the exclusive foothills outside of Denver.

Everyone was so friendly here, I was suprised when everyone was waving- passing cars, people on bikes, kids even. Everyone was so nice. They aren't looking for acceptance, they are just happy friendly people...I don't get too many people driving by my sprawling ranch but when I do, and I see them, I always wave, it feels good. And when I see a girl or a housewife pulled over with a car/truck problem on one of these country roads, I pull over and change their tire, try to fix the problem, drive them to the nearest gas station, or home.. Try to help someone in Chicago and you might get maced because just like here on this message board people are very suspicious and scared of each other there, while they are very trusting here. I like trusting better.

So just because you spent 10 minutes in Houston, don't think you know about America..It's like saying I was in Istanbule once, europe sucks...

Last edited by Haan; Jul 5th 2010 at 4:48 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Haan

So just because you spent 10 minutes in Houston, don't think you know about America..It's like saying I was in Istanbule once, europe sucks...
Were you north or south of the Bosporus?
Old Jul 5th 2010, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No I'm not saying every ugly guy wants an ugly girl- but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I've known some beautiful people who are so unattractive because they aren't nice people, beauty fades, but if you love someone its more than just a physical attraction. If you had the most beautiful wife, who was tender, loving, caring, thoughtful, sexy, if she had a horrific accident that disfigured her would you stop loving her? No because love is something deeper than that. We all age, we all loose teh looks of our prime. Soul mates see past the outside and thats the difference between love and lust. You don't have to be a stunner to be attractive, its the way you look at someone- that sparkle in your eye and the way it makes you feel, if you're so shallow that only outside looks do it for you then you are destined for a lonely journey. Sometimes you have to look a little bit deeper to see the beauty within but its worth looking for don't you think?
Old Jul 6th 2010, 10:48 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
No I'm not saying every ugly guy wants an ugly girl- but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I've known some beautiful people who are so unattractive because they aren't nice people, beauty fades, but if you love someone its more than just a physical attraction. If you had the most beautiful wife, who was tender, loving, caring, thoughtful, sexy, if she had a horrific accident that disfigured her would you stop loving her? No because love is something deeper than that. We all age, we all loose teh looks of our prime. Soul mates see past the outside and thats the difference between love and lust. You don't have to be a stunner to be attractive, its the way you look at someone- that sparkle in your eye and the way it makes you feel, if you're so shallow that only outside looks do it for you then you are destined for a lonely journey. Sometimes you have to look a little bit deeper to see the beauty within but its worth looking for don't you think?
Poetic, Kittycat.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Haan
Let me tell you somethin Commander- America is a big country, the difference between say Chicago and Texas is like the difference between England and Turkey. Except for living on military bases until I was 6, and going away to college in Florida for 4 years I spent my first I spent 35 years in Chicago and nobody waved, and nobody wanted your acceptance. Then I moved my family to a sprawling ranch in the exclusive foothills outside of Denver.

Everyone was so friendly here, I was suprised when everyone was waving- passing cars, people on bikes, kids even. Everyone was so nice. They aren't looking for acceptance, they are just happy friendly people...I don't get too many people driving by my sprawling ranch but when I do, and I see them, I always wave, it feels good. And when I see a girl or a housewife pulled over with a car/truck problem on one of these country roads, I pull over and change their tire, try to fix the problem, drive them to the nearest gas station, or home.. Try to help someone in Chicago and you might get maced because just like here on this message board people are very suspicious and scared of each other there, while they are very trusting here. I like trusting better.

Don't start that one - bad example. Very few Europeans actually think of Turkey as a European country (it's only because they are bizarrely part of European football tournaments that people seem to have accepted this). With an overwhelmingly Muslim population (despite their official 'secular' status), they are more Middle Eastern/Asian than anything else.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 11:17 am
Account Closed

ccmail321 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aikman7981
It can be difficult being an American abroad. What do I dress my son in for international day? Jeans and T shirt? What is an "American" food? McDonalds?

Ok I love the jeans and a tshirt - Tommy Hilfiger of course - One thing I love is how the McDonalds delivers (yes in the car to your house) in Doha - they don't do that in the USA, at least not in Florida!
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 6:16 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ccmail321
Ok I love the jeans and a tshirt - Tommy Hilfiger of course - One thing I love is how the McDonalds delivers (yes in the car to your house) in Doha - they don't do that in the USA, at least not in Florida!
Tommy Hilfiger?? pleeeeeeze im wetting myself..really really chad people in the UK wear that.

Its the brand that you find in most retail outlet villages full of tinks thinking they are cool..in Dundee its called 'Tommy Hilltoon' due to the type of people who wear them..p.s the Hilltown is not a very affluent area of Dundee.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Tommy Hilfiger?? pleeeeeeze im wetting myself..really really chad people in the UK wear that.

Its the brand that you find in most retail outlet villages full of tinks thinking they are cool..in Dundee its called 'Tommy Hilltoon' due to the type of people who wear them..p.s the Hilltown is not a very affluent area of Dundee.
TH is the in thing for youngsters these days, keep up darling
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 6:39 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
TH is the in thing for youngsters these days, keep up darling
i really do beg to disagree, its shit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.