Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Working for local companies and also the possibility to change employers

Working for local companies and also the possibility to change employers

Old Sep 4th 2012, 5:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Working for local companies and also the possibility to change employers

Originally Posted by al dente
But what if they just refuse to write it? You know, the err it needs to be signed off, in sh'allah.
Just ****ing bang on the doors and the desks and the walls and refuse to leave until they do it?

I chased a payment from a company for months. Eventually I just drove to their office, sat in the Finance Managers office, waited for him to return from lunch and waited for him to write a cheque. Bit of to and fro, threatened lawyers etc....Had the cheque within 10 minutes.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working for local companies and also the possibility to change employers

Originally Posted by Scamp
Just ****ing bang on the doors and the desks and the walls and refuse to leave until they do it?

I chased a payment from a company for months. Eventually I just drove to their office, sat in the Finance Managers office, waited for him to return from lunch and waited for him to write a cheque. Bit of to and fro, threatened lawyers etc....Had the cheque within 10 minutes.
After months though.

As you're in the industry, it is reassuring that you are sure that you'll get an NOC.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 7:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

After months though.

As you're in the industry, it is reassuring that you are sure that you'll get an NOC.
That was just a bit of laziness, ringing and asking, ringing and asking, getting the admin girls to do it etc etc.

The sub-two-year NOC rule about being degree'd and paid more than 10 or 12k a month (something like that) I'm pretty sure is correct.

Either way - doesn't matter for me as I'm in a freezone so hurrah!
Old Sep 4th 2012, 8:08 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes I wonder why I bother answering questions.

See my earlier comments.

There are no bans for moving company within a freezone, but different if moving out or to another one

Some companies have a policy of not giving NoCs and you simply cannot make them do so.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow

See my earlier comments.

There are no bans for moving company within a freezone, but different if moving out or to another one

Some companies have a policy of not giving NoCs and you simply cannot make them do so.
You answer because you love the conversation! It all becomes clearer, I think.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

Myusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really nice

Why the big worry anyway?

Do you change job every 9-12 months?
You are more on equal terms with the employer if you are able to vote with your feet. With an international company I would as you say not worry too much.

Don't despair, your answers are appreciated!
Old Sep 5th 2012, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Myusernamewastaken
You are more on equal terms with the employer if you are able to vote with your feet. With an international company I would as you say not worry too much.

Don't despair, your answers are appreciated!
You have piqued my interest. How much real life experience do you have? How old are you? Do you have a girlfriend?
Old Sep 6th 2012, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

Myusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really nice

You have piqued my interest. How much real life experience do you have? How old are you? Do you have a girlfriend?
PM sent.
Old Sep 8th 2012, 3:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't that after a set time period? i thought it was around 2 years. Could be different in Abu Dhabi though.
no it changed year ago last january. if you have a salary of 12k and over you do not need a noc, and you do not need to have done 2 years with them. you can now not transfer visas, they will cancel and reissue the visa now