Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Working in hospitality in Oman

Working in hospitality in Oman

Old Jul 23rd 2012, 10:15 am
Just Joined

soultrain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working in hospitality in Oman

Hi,

I have been searching on the forum but cannot seem to find some directly relevant comments to my query.

For a management role in a hotel, what is currently considered a 'good' base salary?

Thanks
Old Aug 20th 2012, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

munirmamujee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working in hospitality in Oman

When you say management, can you be more specific?
Old Aug 20th 2012, 1:16 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

you asked the same question on the 25th July and we gave you what we knew. why do you think asking a month later that the answers would be any different?
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
you asked the same question on the 25th July and we gave you what we knew. why do you think asking a month later that the answers would be any different?

Have a look at the date I posted my question my friend?
23rd July to be specific......you are good at observing.....or maybe not?
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 5:34 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

yup. another newbie who enjoys insulting people and then wonders why no-one helps them.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 10:44 am
Just Joined

yup. another newbie who enjoys insulting people and then wonders why no-one helps them.
The intention was not to insult - but just respond to sarcasim with sarcasm.
Apologies if you feel hurt.....but that seems to be the general problem here....Newbies are not idiots....just asking for opinions....
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 11:03 am
womble

there was no sarcasm in my question. I can't be bothered helping newbies anymore - the overall impression from the vast majority is rude and entitled.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 11:09 am
Just Joined

there was no sarcasm in my question. I can't be bothered helping newbies anymore - the overall impression from the vast majority is rude and entitled.
and I get a feeling that more experienced users think they own the forum and can post any comments they wish....were you a newbie as well once?
Anyway, my last post on this one. I dont want to be arguementative
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 11:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by soultrain
Hi,

I have been searching on the forum but cannot seem to find some directly relevant comments to my query.

For a management role in a hotel, what is currently considered a 'good' base salary?

Thanks
Don't know I'm afraid, have job websites got any indicators of salary for similar vacancies?
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soultrain
Have a look at the date I posted my question my friend?
23rd July to be specific......you are good at observing.....or maybe not?
Oi!!..you have to realise that we answer the same questions over and over again..sometimes we get impatient with people who expect us to conjure up the required answers..and then get pissd off if we don't say the right things.
At the end of the day..do what most of us did..just come out, take the chance and see what happens!
Do you ask for advise when you move jobs within your own country? Just grab the moment and DO IT..it is an adventure FFS!