Working in Doha, Qatar

Old Feb 11th 2019, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Goomeister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working in Doha, Qatar

Hi, new to this forum but I have a specific question that I believed I could maybe get a reasonable answer to here.
Can anybody give me an idea of expected salary figures in USD (2018) for a Senior Electrical Engineer (Chartered) in the oil and gas industry with over 30 years experience and working for Qatar Petroleum ? A colleague of mine is thinking about an offer but has no reference point to gauge good or bad.
Old Feb 12th 2019, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working in Doha, Qatar

Originally Posted by Goomeister
Hi, new to this forum but I have a specific question that I believed I could maybe get a reasonable answer to here.
Can anybody give me an idea of expected salary figures in USD (2018) for a Senior Electrical Engineer (Chartered) in the oil and gas industry with over 30 years experience and working for Qatar Petroleum ? A colleague of mine is thinking about an offer but has no reference point to gauge good or bad.
Tell me what the offer is and i will give you the answer
I dont think anyone on the board works for QP
Old Feb 12th 2019, 6:45 am
Just Joined

I am told the offer is USD 120k per annum basic not including allowances or bonus.
Originally Posted by reddiva
Tell me what the offer is and i will give you the answer
I dont think anyone on the board works for QP
Old Feb 12th 2019, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute

I am told the offer is USD 120k per annum basic not including allowances or bonus.

Is it an on or offshore role? rotation or permanent stay in Doha
I should of asked this before

Last edited by reddiva; Feb 12th 2019 at 7:14 am.
Old Feb 12th 2019, 7:08 am
Just Joined

It is office based residential with occasional trips offshore.
Old Feb 12th 2019, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

It is office based residential with occasional trips offshore.
Is housing on top of that? if so how much? does he have a family, if so is schooling covered/medical and flight
If there is no housing/schooling/family medical/insurance then it is a low salary for a chartered guy
Old Feb 12th 2019, 7:26 am
Just Joined

Housing allowance is on top of that but don’t know how much. It is single status. Medical insurance etc is all on top. The 120k is the basic salary with everything else to be added.
Old Feb 12th 2019, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Housing allowance is on top of that but don’t know how much. It is single status. Medical insurance etc is all on top. The 120k is the basic salary with everything else to be added.
If the housing is a decent amount and he is single or married ( no kids) and the Wife can also work then it is a decent amount
If he has a Wife who isn't going to work, a couple of kids and has to fork out for their schooling/medical then i would say it isnt enough at all. The salaries for oil and gas have reduced due to the oil price however that region does pay better than others
Old Feb 12th 2019, 7:51 am
Just Joined

Ok, thanks. Just trying to get the right ball park figure. So would 150-200k be nearer the mark for this caliber of engineer on single status before any negotiations start on housing allowance and bonus etc ? Don’t want him to sell himself short.
Old Feb 12th 2019, 7:53 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, thanks. Just trying to get the right ball park figure. So would 150-200k be nearer the mark for this caliber of engineer on single status before any negotiations start on housing allowance and bonus etc ? Don’t want him to sell himself short.
is it you I'm suspicious of engineers who can't create an account on a forum
Old Feb 12th 2019, 7:55 am
Just Joined

As it happens, no it’s not me.
Old Feb 12th 2019, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

He wouldnt get 150-200 basic before housing no, that is way way over current market levels
Current market levels would be 114000 to 130000 plus housing
Old Feb 12th 2019, 9:14 am
Just Joined

accutalk is an unknown quantity at this point

about USD110,000-130,000 is the range
Old Feb 12th 2019, 9:56 am
Just Joined

That’s great, thanks. That will give him a good idea. 120k doesn’t sound too bad then.