WIS Sharjah!!

Old Jun 5th 2015, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

MissAhing is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WIS Sharjah!!

Hello,

I am a 27 years-old singleton who has just been offered a position at Wesgreen International School... It's been years since anything has been written about the school and I would love to hear some opinions about the school itself or the area of Sharjah.

Is there anyone else who is starting this September? Is it as Industrial and barren as previous posts suggest?

Many thanks!
Old Jun 6th 2015, 5:15 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WIS Sharjah!!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/middl...-there-852115/
Old Jun 6th 2015, 6:28 am
Just Joined

Thank you for drawing my attention to that thread.

But I still wonder if anyone is at Wesgreen or have been offered a position there for September 2015.
Old Jun 20th 2015, 11:26 am
Just Joined

global-citizen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MissAhing
Thank you for drawing my attention to that thread.

But I still wonder if anyone is at Wesgreen or have been offered a position there for September 2015.
I am in the same position. Are you single? When did u get the offer? Primary?
Old Jun 20th 2015, 11:37 am
Just Joined

I'll be working in year 4. I got the offer a few weeks ago now and said yes. Will you be joining in September too?
Old Jun 20th 2015, 11:43 am
Just Joined

I'll be working in year 4. I got the offer a few weeks ago now and said yes. Will you be joining in September too?
Old Jun 20th 2015, 11:46 am
Just Joined

I will be in Early years. I had my interview, a few days ago and it went well. Just waiting to hear from HR now about the contract. The reviews look awful so to be honest I'm not really expecting a good package. But let's see reviews are really just left by people who did not have a good experience for some reason or another!! Trying to stay open minded! Is it your first time in the Middle East?

Last edited by global-citizen; Jun 20th 2015 at 11:49 am.
Old Jun 20th 2015, 11:57 am
Just Joined

I know! I only saw the reviews after I accepted the offer. Yes it's my first post abroad actually.. The head made it clear to me it's not glitzy glammar and lookin on Google Earth it is nothing but sand lol. But I'm not going there to party hard or live it up. Besides Dubai isn't that far away for when I fancy goin out. You just need to know what type of person you are and what is important to you... Have you worked in the Middle East before?
Old Jun 20th 2015, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

I know! I only saw the reviews after I accepted the offer. Yes it's my first post abroad actually.. The head made it clear to me it's not glitzy glammar and lookin on Google Earth it is nothing but sand lol. But I'm not going there to party hard or live it up. Besides Dubai isn't that far away for when I fancy goin out. You just need to know what type of person you are and what is important to you... Have you worked in the Middle East before?
Hi yes, I worked in Qatar for about 2 years. So I understand sharjah is pretty similar. It doesn't bother me it's not as glam as Dubai, as saving is my priority!! And as you said Dubai is not far at all.
Old Jun 20th 2015, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Have you seen any accommodation pics?
Old Jun 20th 2015, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

No, but my best friend went to visit and sneaked a peek into the family 2 bedroom apartments and said that it was OK. I intend to ship out a few bits and bobs like TV and lazy chair so that when I arrive I make myself as comfortable as possible. I hate the thought of being in a new country and feeling uncomfortable in what should feel like home...
Old Jun 24th 2015, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

wwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud of

No, but my best friend went to visit and sneaked a peek into the family 2 bedroom apartments and said that it was OK. I intend to ship out a few bits and bobs like TV and lazy chair so that when I arrive I make myself as comfortable as possible. I hate the thought of being in a new country and feeling uncomfortable in what should feel like home...
Even though Sharjah is just 20 - 30 km away, it is another emirate which is a bit strict compared to Dubai. It is not a good idea at all to ship any electric appliances or furniture to Sharjah, but just some books will do. Come to buy something new here that suits the bloody summer time and slightly cool in the winter. Please change your attitudes toward working abroad and prepare for some culture shocks if you like to work in the Middle East. Patient, patient and patient!
Old Jun 24th 2015, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Well I've decided not to bring the TV. But as 20kg would not be enough for me I still intend to ship out some clothes, shoes ect as I intend to travel to other places.... May I ask, why would you advise that no electronic devices be brought over. (I have a smoothie machine and George foreman grill I want to bring)
Old Jun 24th 2015, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

wwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud of

I think you'd better come to Sharjah first to find out the reasons yourself and then decide if you still like to bring over any stuff later on. It might take around three months to settle down.