What's a high salary

Old Jun 27th 2014, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

CherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to behold
Default What's a high salary

Hi

I hope this doesn't sound like a rude question. My husband has a potential job offer of what I think is a huge salary! And a huge step up from what were on in the UK. He'd be getting around 130k AED a month.

We're tempted to make the move as we could save so much and it would massively change our lives and what we can offer our children. I'm thinking we can save a lot of money even after factoring in education and accom and we would not have to worry about money. In my mind this would gets a big villa and be able to live very comfortable.

But I've read a few posts on this site. Notably one where some was saying they are on 120k aed per month and can barely save anything. I know it depends on spending habits but was wondering if I'm being naive.

Is £130k add a lot of money? I thought this would out us in a very high paid category?
Old Jun 27th 2014, 7:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's a high salary

Originally Posted by CherryUK
Hi

I hope this doesn't sound like a rude question. My husband has a potential job offer of what I think is a huge salary! And a huge step up from what were on in the UK. He'd be getting around 130k AED a month.

We're tempted to make the move as we could save so much and it would massively change our lives and what we can offer our children. I'm thinking we can save a lot of money even after factoring in education and accom and we would not have to worry about money. In my mind this would gets a big villa and be able to live very comfortable.

But I've read a few posts on this site. Notably one where some was saying they are on 120k aed per month and can barely save anything. I know it depends on spending habits but was wondering if I'm being naive.

Is £130k add a lot of money? I thought this would out us in a very high paid category?
So, let me get this right... are you asking if 25,000 GBP/ month is a lot of money?
Old Jun 27th 2014, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

hmmmmm the answer would be "definately".
Old Jun 27th 2014, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

CherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to beholdCherryUK is a splendid one to behold

Sorry! That's what I thought. It sounded obscene to me. But then I read accom and schools etc so expensive and the post from someone saying they couldn't save on 120k a month and started to get confused!

Job offer hadn't been made yet so it may l come to nothing!
Old Jun 27th 2014, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry! That's what I thought. It sounded obscene to me. But then I read accom and schools etc so expensive and the post from someone saying they couldn't save on 120k a month and started to get confused!

I think that salary would be more than reasonable pretty much anywhere on Earth. But, yes, it's a lot. I know people on that kind of money and they generally do not need to go easy on the last Thursday of the month.

Of course - tread carefully, put your head above the parapet and all that.
Old Jun 27th 2014, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

banking perhaps??

i would say the majority of everyone else is on way way way less so whoever said that they cant save on 120 a month is talking "rubbish" and obviously shouldnt be in that job!
Old Jun 27th 2014, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

It is obscene money isn't it. The job would be banking. My husband is not in banking now and we earn no where near that sort of money. Not even fractionally close! Its unlikely to happen but I naturally got excited when I heard there was a chance! Would be life changing!
Old Jun 27th 2014, 9:35 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

It is obscene money isn't it. The job would be banking. My husband is not in banking now and we earn no where near that sort of money. Not even fractionally close! Its unlikely to happen but I naturally got excited when I heard there was a chance! Would be life changing!

Do you mind if I ask what your husband is currently in if not banking?
Old Jun 27th 2014, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

He's in finance as a consultant. Just not worked in banking industry before so never come across that sort of money! I maybe well off what he'd be offered. It was just i read online a salary of that scale was a potential.
Old Jun 27th 2014, 10:14 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

He's in finance as a consultant. Just not worked in banking industry before so never come across that sort of money! I maybe well off what he'd be offered. It was just i read online a salary of that scale was a potential.
Can we deal in the facts here please CherryUK

You say he is in finance- a consultant?
Does he have a degree in? Accountancy.or is he an MBA?
Law perhaps, Succession and Trusts?
Has your husband actually been offered that salary?

Just throwing this in now.
:
There are what I would call alleged Charlatans advertising 'fantastic ' jobs in UAE.
The cocky investor Expat population of the Emirates(although some of them don't know it yet) have succumbed to the smoking mirrors.It has imploded.

There is one man and at least two companies cock a hoop @their success.

Look carefully at the terms of the job description,bet you it's for a salesman really.
Stop reading the fairytale online story,if it sounds to good to be true,it usually is
X
Old Jun 28th 2014, 4:44 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Eva speaks sense

Double check the contract - is the salary a guaranteed level, or dependant on bonuses and commission?

130k AED all in per month is an earning level the some people get, so it is not unfeasible. But as Eva says, if it is significantly above and beyond your current earning level, then you need to tread carefully as there are plenty of sneaks out there. People expecting those salaries based on commission were often the ones who had to run out of the country and leave their debts behind because their real salaries were nowhere near their expectations (which formed the basis of the loans for the house, cars, schools, etc).

As to whether you can live on 130k, yes of course you can. But the more people earn the more they spend, the more they upgrade their lifestyle. Savings depend on personal priorities. We are in a very fortunate position that we both work, so we save my husband's salary, and spend mine and get to have awesome holidays. But... if we didn't both work, and that has happened before, we adjust our lifestyle, spend 50% of the income, save the rest, and have fun holidays in more downmarket resorts. But that's just us. I've also seen people where only one person works, they are in the same company as me, I know their salary range, and yet they have a lifestyle that is above and beyond what we have. Personal preferences
Old Jun 28th 2014, 6:42 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Stop reading the fairytale online story,if it sounds to good to be true,it usually is
Old Jun 28th 2014, 7:08 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

It was just i read online a salary of that scale was a potential.
Oops. I missed this part. So you don't even have a contract yet?

Ah well.
Old Jun 29th 2014, 11:12 am
Just Joined

kamikami is an unknown quantity at this point

so its a potential salary on an online survey ?
Old Jun 29th 2014, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

wwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud of

Could you break down the monthly salary into a basic salary and allowances? It is interesting to know that we can earn up to 130K AED monthly (without income taxes). The salary is more than that of prime ministers or heads of state in many countries. As far as I know, most Brits can have roughly 30K - 70K depending on the consultant jobs. It might be a dodgy business, so check the offer/contract properly, especially for some hidden items.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.