WHAT VISA PLEASE

Old Jun 18th 2013, 8:38 am
Just Joined

gjw156 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WHAT VISA PLEASE

Chaps
Ive had a nice quick interview process (7 months) with a week long visit in May for final selection, travelling on single entry exit visa. Got job...Great.

Im aware that what may be dealt with in the UK over a coffee and a doughnut can take weeks and Im becoming accustomed to it...

KSA company now processing paperwork as they want me out before Ramadan but once I receive the invites and formal documentation they say its up to me to get visa. Im happy to do this but which one?
  • Single
  • Multiple
  • Work
  • Resident
The job requires "immediate" international travel both in the Gulf and world wide and the information Ive been given (and researched) says a Multiple Entry Exit Visa is required but that I cant get one till I have a "Residents Permit" and I cant get that till Im there!!!!
I negotiated for the company to supply Western Only Compound accommodation that they pay for direct.

Any help would be appreciated....

On another natter. Im a Newcastle fan and looking for a bridge to jump off!!!!!!

Graham
Old Jun 18th 2013, 10:05 am
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice
Default Re: WHAT VISA PLEASE

KSA visas are:
Family visit - single entry
Business visit - single (like your previous) or multiple entry (with visa runs every 30 days).
Work - single entry, exchangeable to Residence permit upon arrival.
Resident - single entry, exchangeable to Residence permit without right to work (for your family)

Application for visa must be done by your employer via Saudi MOFA and you must get from them the MOFA confirmation number (and visa type of course), only with this number you can apply for endorsement to your passport.

This must be a Work visa, although companies like to use Business visas because it is easier to get for them (and worse for you).

Once your Work visa is exhanged to iqama you can not leave KSA without Exit-Reentry visa - single or multiple.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 18th 2013, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the response.....

Just cant get my head round process.....

With the options on offer I cant see how I can travel (ad hoc with minimum notice) anywhere outside KSA.

I may have to reconsider as I cant successfully complete role based solely in the Kingdom..... May not be for me after all.

Thanks again

Old Jun 18th 2013, 10:47 am
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

Originally Posted by gjw156
With the options on offer I cant see how I can travel (ad hoc with minimum notice) anywhere outside KSA.
Your company must provide you a Multiple Exit-Reentry visa for such purposes which allow you to travel anytime (valid for 6 month).
On the other hand, some companies (including Aramco) like to keep all passports with them and give only for travels.
Old Jun 18th 2013, 10:52 am
Just Joined

Thumbs down Re: WHAT VISA PLEASE

Thanks again.....

Me thinks my decision is made. I CANT wait months for the appropriate visa as role requires IMMIDIATE international travel and without that no bonus!!!!!!!

Best let agent know!!!!!
Old Jun 18th 2013, 11:01 am
Off Topic

Originally Posted by gjw156
I CANT wait months for the appropriate visa as role requires IMMIDIATE...
Don't worry, IMMIDIATE role already took 7 month (as you mentioned) and will take another 2-3 months (they want you out before Ramadan does not mean they will do anything for this).
Old Jun 18th 2013, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Worry, who ME????

Its just now more and more RED FLAGS are appearing (hotel not paid for when I arrived, Had to pay for taxi to airport and others).

Ive negotiated that I can return to UK on a regular basis during initial 3 months as wife is not coming with me and its my first overseas position.... I feel I may have been sold a pup as without this multiple visa I cant do this.

Money aint everything is it?