British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   What are standard employment benefits in Dubai? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/what-standard-employment-benefits-dubai-942512/)

dominoman Jan 25th 2022 12:05 pm

What are standard employment benefits in Dubai?

Hi - I'm interested in knowing what kind of benefits would be considered a standard package in Dubai for a mid-level / management job in one of the banks?

I know there isnt really a standard, but is it still common to get fly-backs for family, education allowance, accom allowance etc? Any other benefits? I just want to know what is reasonable to ask for on top of salary + bonus.

Thanks

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 28th 2022 8:38 am

Re: What are standard employment benefits in Dubai?

Originally Posted by dominoman (Post 13090197)
Hi - I'm interested in knowing what kind of benefits would be considered a standard package in Dubai for a mid-level / management job in one of the banks?

I know there isnt really a standard, but is it still common to get fly-backs for family, education allowance, accom allowance etc? Any other benefits? I just want to know what is reasonable to ask for on top of salary + bonus.

Thanks

Most packages now are all in but broken down.

IE: you get 50k a month but it's split 30k basic, 15k housing, 5k transport or something.
Flight and medical on top seems fairly normal, or flight can sometimes be in the cash, so just medical.

Education on top of the total is rare nowadays.

dominoman Feb 16th 2022 10:13 pm

Thanks. What about visas and medical for the whole family. Is that standard in Dubai or only in Abu Dhabi?

dominoman Feb 16th 2022 10:13 pm

Thanks. What about visas and medical for the whole family. Is that standard in Dubai or only in Abu Dhabi?

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 17th 2022 6:58 am

Originally Posted by dominoman (Post 13095173)

Yeah, should be. Worst case they might limit to 2 kids or just spouse, but you can pay for the rest.

menaadventure May 12th 2022 10:43 am

Based on my company,

Common benefits are : Medical / 1 flight back home (these 2 are legally required), housing allowance, transportation, communication

Manager Level : you can get up to 2 dependents for the same benefits (medical, visa, flights), your housing allowance increases, some welfare budget (dinner etc.)

Director Level : education fee is included, car rental is supported

I know quite a lot of companies provide company phone and SIM card, anything above assistant manager / manager level.

But a lot of times this makes your base salary lower, and incentives / salary increases are based on the base salary only. So normal salary increase affects quite little, unless you get a promotion etc.